JOTA Spot

Rick - N7WE

Briefly had copy on K2BSA/8 near 14.071.400 about 15:45 UTC.  But no contact.  That's the only JOTA station I've seen since LX9S.

I have been on 20 meters most of morning operating K5E SPECIAL EVENT only rooms in log. Does anyone see me?

On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 11:03 AM, Rick - N7WE
<n7we1980@...> wrote:
Briefly had copy on K2BSA/8 near 14.071.400 about 15:45 UTC.  But no contact.  That's the only JOTA station I've seen since LX9S.

Jim,  K5SP #483

I see you Jim.  Haven't responded to your call as I have been looking for JOTAs.  Will answer in a few minutes.

Worked K2BSA/8 Jim at about 14.070.890 1628 UTC.  Is doing merit badge training with his scouts.  Was on FT8, switched to PSK31 looking for more conversation.  Go get him!

Just worked WN0BSA at 1651 UTC.  He was at 14.071.056 looking for more contacts.  Go get him!

Michael KE0CEN

Rick,
  Our sincerest thanks for taking the time to make contacts with the scouts and posting here,  we very much appreciate it!  We had about 5-6 scouts make contacts on PSK-31 (our only digital mode) and another 5+ make SSB contacts. The COVID pandemic has hit scouting hard (at least in our local area, we are down about 50%)  and this JOTA was important to give them something new and exciting to try.

  Thanks also to anyone else on here (KC3FL for sure) that made or tried to make contacts with us, we had the best JOTA ever with many very nice long conversations between the scouts and the operators over a 4-5 hour period! PSK-31 is where it is at!!

-Michael (KE0CEN) operating the Mount Vernon Troop 40 ARC station  WN0BSA.

Rick - N7WE

Michael-
The pleasure was mine.  I only regret that I am too old and encumbered to go with my grandsons and son and activate a JOTA station at their Camp.  We are a 3 generation Scouting family.  Long live Scouting!