Topics

John, KC3FL wins 2020 RC3 Series Award

stan W9SMR

The results are in for the 2020 Rollo Cup Contest Championship Series annual competition, and John, KC3FL has blazed a torrid track to the top of the pile. John seemed to be on every band simultaneously and beating everyone to the punch. Coming from behind Lee, N5SLY by 16 points out of 790 after the Great Pumpkin 160M Sprint, John took a 6 point lead in the Triple Play Low Band Sprint and completed the challenge in the Doubleheader Low Band Sprint with a 28 point lead with 1,034 points. As close to neck-and-neck as one can imagine.

Ever the gentleman, Lee, N5SLY congratulated John minutes after the results were announced. Lee won the 2019 RC3 by a resounding 228 points. The most compelling reason for the final result in 2020 may be that Lee did not operate on 160M for any of these contests. Will that situation change in 2021?

1st place RC3 receives a special certificate, a Rollo Dog Tag, and a silver Revere Cup trophy. 2nd and 3rd places receive a special certificate and a Rollo Dog Tag, and 4th – 10th places receive certificates.

Congrats to all competitors and I cannot wait to see how we all do in 2021!

RC3 - The Rollo Cup

 Contest Championship Series

 RC3 Top Ten Standings

Final Standings 2020