From: JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Jan 18, 2022 2:23 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] Welcome 2895

ACLog also has Call Sign Alert. There is a page where you can add Call Sign and if that call sign shows up, it will alert you of the call, what mode they are using, and what Freq/Band they are on.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 11:40:02 AM CST, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

Dave,

Fldigi does have a call sign alert.  Click on the third choice under the configure tab, "Notifications".  You have to have the spot button for it to work.

John  KC3FL

David Tucker

I use ACLOG with FLDIGI , works great. And yes the call sign alarms are easy to set up. But remember if nobody spot's who you are looking for then it's worthless. I also use FLcluster from time to time. Personally I spot all PSK contacts I make.

Just my thoughts folks.

73's Dave NU4N # 1657

On 1/19/2022 1:01 AM, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io wrote:
JoAnn,
Can you explain how the ACLog alert works?
Does it alert you when you log a station? Or somehow, before that?
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

ACLog also has Call Sign Alert. There is a page where you can add Call Sign and if that call sign shows up, it will alert you of the call, what mode they are using, and what Freq/Band they are on.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 11:40:02 AM CST, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

Dave,

Fldigi does have a call sign alert.  Click on the third choice under the configure tab, "Notifications".  You have to have the spot button for it to work.

John  KC3FL

Dave,
Same question I asked JoAnn:
Does it alert you when you log a station? Or somehow, before that?
How does it alert you?
I see your spots frequently on Dx-Telnet. Good job!
Milt.
N6MG

ACLog also has Call Sign Alert. There is a page where you can add Call Sign and if that call sign shows up, it will alert you of the call, what mode they are using, and what Freq/Band they are on.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 11:40:02 AM CST, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

Dave,

Fldigi does have a call sign alert.  Click on the third choice under the configure tab, "Notifications".  You have to have the spot button for it to work.

John  KC3FL

David Godden

Hello

I had the same question. I’ve been looking to do this as well as to add the PODXS 070 numbers for alerts.

David Roy Godden

--
73 de KK6M
David "ROY" Godden

David Tucker

Well folks I can load all our members in HRD. But I gave up on HRD the audio for me would never detect our members list. But that's not to say HRD doesn't work for everyone but for me I never could get the alerts to work. I am not paying HRD 50 bucks to fix a problem that should not be a problem to start with.

73's Dave NU4N #1657

On 1/19/2022 10:04 AM, David Godden wrote:
[...]

Steve McEdwards

Hi Milt and everyone,
I use AC log also and it uses the file called watchlist and when you type in the callsign of the station and tab forward ,a banner pops up and notify you of a 070 member.it also pings but you can adjust the alert to which one you want.
Also if you have the DX spotter in the program turned on it will alert you when I a member is spotted on any band.
Hope this helps
73 de Steve
VA3TPS #526

On Wed., 19 Jan. 2022 at 11:43 a.m., David Tucker
<nu4ndave@...> wrote:

[...]

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

AC Log has a Watch list under the file menu.  You have to create a file, which I can upload if anybody wants it , of call signs that you want to be alerted to.  The alert is a pop up window that is activated when you enter the call sign into the Call field.in either the AClog field as stand alone or the FLDIGI call field is you use it with FLDIGI.  AC Log also has a DX spotting function that can be configured to use the watch list and activate the pop up window alert if the call sign is spotted.

In my opinion I liked the alert feature in DX Keeper better, but I decided to buy AC Log last year because I could not get the gateway between FLDIGI and DX Keeper to work with windows 10.

I hope that helps.

Bob
KK6KMU

David Tucker

Bob I would love to have that file for ACLOG. I always wondered how to do it automatic rather than type each call one at a time. That would be great.

73's Dave NU4N

On 1/19/2022 10:53 AM, Bob Motyl KK6KMU wrote:
AC Log has a Watch list under the file menu.  You have to create a file, which I can upload if anybody wants it , of call signs that you want to be alerted to.  The alert is a pop up window that is activated when you enter the call sign into the Call field.in either the AClog field as stand alone or the FLDIGI call field is you use it with FLDIGI.  AC Log also has a DX spotting function that can be configured to use the watch list and activate the pop up window alert if the call sign is spotted.

In my opinion I liked the alert feature in DX Keeper better, but I decided to buy AC Log last year because I could not get the gateway between FLDIGI and DX Keeper to work with windows 10.

I hope that helps.

Bob
KK6KMU

JoAnn Donaldson

Bob explained it very good. The popup also will SPEAK the call and such. If it comes from the Spotting it will also Speak the Band and Mode. I have not tried it but I think if you click on the Popup, it will put your rig at the Band and Mode.  I used it when I was doing the Route 66 Contest. Came in really handy.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 12:21:18 PM CST, David Tucker <nu4ndave@...> wrote:

[...]

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Just for info - I use a program called PSKExpress by N7YG, Jeff. It works very well. I do not use rig control at all. That being said, There are data files you can download and Jeff has that function automatic. I go and tell it to download and it asks me which ones and I check those I want i.e. P070, EPC, 30MDG, 10-10, etc. and it downloads those data files. I connect this program to ACLog and when I enter a call sign in the call field and hit enter it brings up the 10-10#, EPC, 070, and 30MDG, if any available for that call sign and then automatically goes into ACLog.

Wonderful little program and much easier, IMHO, than FLdigi

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065

I live to live for Him!

On Jan 19, 2022, at 11:53 AM, Bob Motyl KK6KMU <bobmotyl@...> wrote:

AC Log has a Watch list under the file menu.  You have to create a file, which I can upload if anybody wants it , of call signs that you want to be alerted to.  The alert is a pop up window that is activated when you enter the call sign into the Call field.in either the AClog field as stand alone or the FLDIGI call field is you use it with FLDIGI.  AC Log also has a DX spotting function that can be configured to use the watch list and activate the pop up window alert if the call sign is spotted.

In my opinion I liked the alert feature in DX Keeper better, but I decided to buy AC Log last year because I could not get the gateway between FLDIGI and DX Keeper to work with windows 10.

I hope that helps.

Bob
KK6KMU

JoAnn Donaldson

I use PSKExpress for all of my PSK and RTTY activity. Jeff is really great about adding useful features. Just recently he added the ability to interface with PSKReporter.info. You can also download and see the Flux, A-Index, and K-Index for the day too.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 01:57:38 PM CST, Dan Morris - KZ3T <dbmorris315@...> wrote:

[...]

Well, the flux, K and A indexes are there automatically in the top right. thing is I don’t have to go anywhere and download any data files and put into a watchlist since PSKExpress already has that within the program and to update I just click a few buttons the this program takes care of it all. Less stuff I have to do via ACLog!!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Jan 19, 2022, at 5:37 PM, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...> wrote:

[...]

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

Okay, I see the config and the notifications in Fldigi, now what?  Do I put the HamLog data base in one of the fields or what?

--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Dave,

I have not used this alert function in FLDIGI.  It looks like this is used mainly to alert the user to a sequence of test like CQ.  It also can be used to alert the user to their own callsign.  I don't believe you can create a file like in AC Log.  I may have it wrong but maybe some else can answer that.

Bob
KK6KMU

I have the watch list file down loaded but for got where to put it. Dumb me.

--
Tnx 73's de NU4N Dave

--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's

David Godden

Dave
Try looking here:
C:\Users\you\documents\ Affirmatech\N3FJP Software\ACLog\watchlist.txt

David Roy Godden

I have the watch list file down loaded but for got where to put it. Dumb me.

--
Tnx 73's de NU4N Dave

--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's

--
73 de KK6M
David "ROY" Godden
CWop #2177

Well David I have the watch list on a usb drive. File about 57k. I placed the file in the ACLOG program. But nothing shows up in either of the 2 computers I use.
Any thoughts?
--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's

Ok I copied the watch list file to users and to ACLOG , both areas. But still don't see the watch list when I start ACLOG.
Any thoughts?
--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's

Dave,
I sure don't want to be abrupt, or sound rude, but I've been following this thread.
May I suggest you send Scott, N3FJP and his YL, Kimberly an email asking him/her about it?
They're the Priest & Priestess of ACLog.
I've known them since 2004, and even though there's a User's Group, they've always been courteous and
helped. I have the "Watch List" populated with the 070 Club members and it performs perfectly.
N3FJP - Scott & Kimberly = snkdavis@...
Just sayin'...
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

Ok I copied the watch list file to users and to ACLOG , both areas. But still don't see the watch list when I start ACLOG.
Any thoughts?
--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's

David Tucker

On no Milt. No problem. It's just I had it working and one time and forgot how I did it Hi Hi.

Thanks Dave