Topics

IC-7300 arrived today !

Jerry N9AVY

Fast shipping from Ohio !  1 day . UPS said it would be here by 9 PM  CST and it was here by noon !

One question for all you IC-7300 owners .  Do I need CT-17 level converter ???

Thanks.

YAHOO!  Santa came early for you Jerry.  Enjoy!

malcolm heard

If that is an interface for digital the answer is no.  One connection usb from radio to computer. Do not connect the two until you install the usb driver.

Malcolm Ke0jbt

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 1:41 PM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
Fast shipping from Ohio !  1 day . UPS said it would be here by 9 PM  CST and it was here by noon !

One question for all you IC-7300 owners .  Do I need CT-17 level converter ???

Thanks.

Malcolm Heard, M.S.
7516 South 37th Street
Lincoln, NE 68516
heardmalcolm2017@...
402.202.3853

Leadership • Culture • Talent

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

Congrats!  I like my IC-7300 very much.

All you need is a USB cable to go between the IC-7300 and the computer.  The USB connection will appear as two devices: a sound card, and a USB/Serial converter.  The sound card configuration in your software should talk to the sound card device as you expect.  The USB/Serial device (which should show up on the computer as a serial port) will do all the rig control stuff.

One cable.  Super simple, no clutter.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Dec 17, 2020, at 11:40 AM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Fast shipping from Ohio !  1 day . UPS said it would be here by 9 PM  CST and it was here by noon !

One question for all you IC-7300 owners .  Do I need CT-17 level converter ???

Thanks.

Jerry  n9avy

Jim W0JSL

You need the CT17 if you have multiple radios to one computer and plan to use the RS232 port on the computer. I connect the supplied USB cable direct to the port on the computer and don't use the level shifter.

What's the book say?...
Also YouTube?
There's dozens of tutorials on each and every radio that's out there.
N6MG

Fast shipping from Ohio !  1 day . UPS said it would be here by 9 PM  CST and it was here by noon !

One question for all you IC-7300 owners .  Do I need CT-17 level converter ???

Thanks.

Jerry  n9avy

Bill-N7RI

The manual tells you how to do things.  There is a great book available on Amazon by Andrew Barron, ZL3DW that explains why to do things.    Rich, K0PIR has a website with a lot of tutorials on how to video all about the 7300.