Topics

I think I figured out the trigger for the award applications being reset problem

GA - Bob - K4VBM

A while back, I pointed out that my award submissions for approval were being reset and I had to re-apply for them over and over.

Well, I just realized that the trigger for that happening is when you upload your latest .ADI file.  Somewhere in the processing for that new file, awards that have already been achieved and submitted (marked in ORANGE) are being reset to the un-submitted state (GREEN).

Just have your programmer look at the logic for processing a newly uploaded .ADI file.
It should NOT be resetting any awards that have already been applied for and marked submitted.

Q.E.D.

73,

Bob
K4VBM (Very Bad Memory)

Jim K5SP

Bob

The endorsement checker that does the awards is located on hamclubs.info.  We are fully aware of the issue, however we do not own the software, cannot access the source code, and cannot fix it.  The software is owned by an individual that is no longer maintaining any of the software on that particular server.

David K9DWR is working on replacement software but his time is limited.  As you can imagine with all the various types of awards that we have, creating a program program that will accept your adif submission, parse it, and then check the entire log for every possible award is a daunting task. We will get it done, but it is going to take time.

Right now, the only members working on the software are myself, K9DWR (David), and K4RJD (Richard).  So far, we have created a new online membership application, created the software that displays the latest members, and the recent donors for display on the website.  Currently besides the endorsement checker, Richard is working on moving all of our data into a MySql database, and I am working on the website and generating some Google Web Apps to retrieve data. (the membership info in CSV is one thing, now working on recreating the LONP page).   Some of our software issues cannot be "fixed" until we have the new endorsement checker working.

Please be patient, we are working hard in the the background (as time permits) to get everything off of hamclubs.info and onto the server that hosts podxs070.com.

If you know of any Python, Javascript, JSON, software gurus, have them volunteer to assist.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

JEFF WALSH

Many thanks to all the members volunteering their time to keep the club going during this time of  transition !!!!
Jeff
W3WMU