From: Ron Bosch <boschfamily@...>
To: main@070club.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Jan 25, 2021 4:13 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] PSK31 Kent County, Delaware - REPORT

Jerry,
I am only 57, but down here in Houston I feel like I need a Herpetologist, because when I go outside in the winter and it's sunny and nice, all I want to do is lay on a flat rock and take a nap, and when I go outside in the summer all I want to do is hide in the shade and bite people :-)

Ron
KE4DRF

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 4:33 PM stan W9SMR <robinstan@...> wrote:
Jim, PODXS Executive Director:

But now you are our PODXSologist and we look to you to cure everything!!

We will, of course follow your prescriptions as directed!

73 and TU for all you do!!

Stan,
W9SMR

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Ron Bosch

Milt,
LOL, you should have seen my backyard after Harvey.  We were on an island in my neighbourhood, just off of Buffalo Bayou, and I had snakes, frogs, racoons, possums, and a nutria rat off and on in my backyard for about a week, other than the mocassins we let em all go in peace.  I even saw a coyote on the centre median of Briar Forest Dr.   Needless to say, we had to take lots of precautions with our 2 furry canine children, let alone our granddaughter.  Thankfully, we had about 7 adults
waiting for the water to go down so the "Gaurd the Dogs" duty wast pretty well shared until the water receded.

Ron
KE4DRF

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 6:37 PM N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Was that Carla?  I was in the Navy and was on leave visiting some friends in Houston (I lived in what was NW Houston prior to joining), when Carla hit.  Had to get leave extension because could not fly out,  and rode out Carla at friends house.

Lived two blocks off 43rd St, and two blocks from white oak bayou, in what was called Forest Park, went to Waltrip high school the second year of its existence.

Jim K5SP

On 1/25/2021 6:37 PM, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Stephen Melachrinos

For a minute there, I thought you knew the name of the snake!

[...]

Mike - W0TMW #2207

Southern Illinois, south of a line from St. Louis to the east, has copperheads and rattlesnakes. Never saw a cottonmouth but was told they were there, too.

Mike - W0TMW

  -- William Kershner
https://amazon.com/author/m-watson (Amazon Author Page)
https://m-watson.com (Mike Watson - Writer Website)
http://www.crucis.net/1632search
On 1/25/21 7:03 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

[...]

Jerry N9AVY

Illinois has a lot of snakes, but most of them ran for office.  Emoji

On Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 11:14:00 AM CST, Mike - W0TMW #2207 <mikew@...> wrote:

[...]

Has the string of convicted Illinois governors been broken yet?

On 1/26/21 11:26 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

[...]

Chuck M

That is pretty much true across the country.  hi hi

Difficult part is finding the non snakes in the mess.  Every now and then one appears.

Chuck
KD9DVB