Help Sam!

Jim K5SP

Sam, provide a time that you will be active, and will make attempt to get you in the log.  The club members will assist you in obtaining the unique QSO's you need for membership.  I understand that you can only operate 20 meters.

Everybody, when Sam provides some time information, be looking for him on 20 meters.  Let's get him in the club in time for the TDW.

Jim K5SP

On 5/31/2021 9:22 PM, Sam via groups.io wrote:
Hi,
This is Sam KJ7RRV. I'm 14 years old and so far have done mostly FT8 on HF (other than a local 10 m SSB net and one CW contact with Fldigi [I just happened to find a CW CQ while searching for PSK31 signals]), but I want to have an actual conversation, not just "CQ CN72 AA00 -15 R RR73 73". I haven't had any PSK QSOs yet because I can't find activity on 20m (and that's the only band I have an antenna for). Nobody has answered any of my CQs, and the only signal I've received was a QSO between two other hams, but that was when I was a Technician, so I couldn't call them.
I'll definitely try to participate in TDW.
73 de KJ7RRV

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director

What call sign are we looking for?

John
KC3FL

Jerry N9AVY

I'll look for Sam  and try to give him a PSK31 QSO.  

Jerry   n9avy

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 10:17:57 AM CDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

Sam, provide a time that you will be active, and will make attempt to get you in the log.  The club members will assist you in obtaining the unique QSO's you need for membership.  I understand that you can only operate 20 meters.

Everybody, when Sam provides some time information, be looking for him on 20 meters.  Let's get him in the club in time for the TDW.

Jim K5SP

On 5/31/2021 9:22 PM, Sam via groups.io wrote:
Hi,
This is Sam KJ7RRV. I'm 14 years old and so far have done mostly FT8 on HF (other than a local 10 m SSB net and one CW contact with Fldigi [I just happened to find a CW CQ while searching for PSK31 signals]), but I want to have an actual conversation, not just "CQ CN72 AA00 -15 R RR73 73". I haven't had any PSK QSOs yet because I can't find activity on 20m (and that's the only band I have an antenna for). Nobody has answered any of my CQs, and the only signal I've received was a QSO between two other hams, but that was when I was a Technician, so I couldn't call them.
I'll definitely try to participate in TDW.
73 de KJ7RRV

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Jerry N9AVY

KJ7RRV up in OR.

jerry

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 10:50:12 AM CDT, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

John
KC3FL

Jim K5SP

Sorry about leaving that off.  His call is KJ7RRV.

On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 10:50 AM, John - KC3FL via groups.io
<kc3fl@...> wrote:

John
KC3FL

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Jerry N9AVY

You didn't. It was in body of Sam's message which you included in your original post.

Jerry  n9avy

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 11:26:27 AM CDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

Sorry about leaving that off.  His call is KJ7RRV.

Jim K5SP 

On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 10:50 AM, John - KC3FL via groups.io
<kc3fl@...> wrote:

John
KC3FL

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Rick - N7WE

Sam is not yet a member and on the group, so postings to the group don't go to him.  His email is:  sam@... I emailed him directly and got this response a few minutes ago.

Thank you! I am planning on being active from 4 PM to 5 PM PDT tonight.
73, Sam KJ7RRV

Look for him then on 20m.

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

Jerry N9AVY

Same here .

Jerry n9avy

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 12:07:59 PM CDT, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Sam is not yet a member and on the group, so postings to the group don't go to him.  His email is:  sam@... I emailed him directly and got this response a few minutes ago.

73, Sam KJ7RRV

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

Jim K5SP

Yep, got an email from him also, you beat me to the reflector.

He is using an inverted V, he should be able to use a tuner and get on other bands.  Will ask him.

Jim K5SP

On 6/1/2021 12:07 PM, Rick - N7WE wrote:

73, Sam KJ7RRV

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

KJ7RRV

-----Original Message-----
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Jun 1, 2021 8:50 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] Help Sam!

John
KC3FL

Good job Rick!
There's going to be a bunch of us looking.
I can give him N6MG & W6QP.
It's a challenge to do 50 by the TDW, but it can be done, if Sam wants to.
Milt.
N6MG

-----Original Message-----
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Jun 1, 2021 10:07 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] Help Sam!

73, Sam KJ7RRV

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602