HAM RADIO DELUXE ALERTS #information

I can't seem to get the alert function on HRD such as cq and PODXS members to announce .
Anyone use this function and if so how can I fix the problem.
I am using a Rigblaster Advantage and have a usb sound card instilled and working.
Any help would be appreciated.
--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's

malcolm heard

Same issue here.  Make sure the alert manager has the right option selected.  I think upgrades coming in the alert function. Let me know if you hear a good solution.

Malcolm KE0JBT

On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 4:05 PM Dave Tucker Nu4N <dwtucker19@...> wrote:
I can't seem to get the alert function on HRD such as cq and PODXS members to announce .
Anyone use this function and if so how can I fix the problem.
I am using a Rigblaster Advantage and have a usb sound card instilled and working.
Any help would be appreciated.
--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's

--

Malcolm Heard, M.S.
7516 South 37th Street

Leadership • Culture • Talent

Rick - N7WE

I have had this problem since August when I bought a new laptop (of course it is Win 10) and installed HRD 6.7.0.357.  In fact, when I run SuperSweeper and click on a trace to go to the main QSO window, the system crashes and requires a reboot.  I searched the wiki, then bought a "1 year Technical Support subscription" for help.  Did a phone call with one of their tech experts - Tim - who was very thorough but said it was beyond him and he'd refer it to the programmers.  He did.  It was Bug Report  #3890.  I also provided 2 different minidumps that are created when the crash happened.   That was August 5, 2021.  It was assigned to Mike WA9PIE, who I believe is the owner. I never heard anything further from anyone, but find the Bug report was closed 9/24/2021 with the notation "Resolution:  Unable to reproduce."  That despite having the minidump logs that document the error from two different crashes.  So SuperSweeper, Alarms, and PSKReporter don't just not work on my new laptop - it causes crashes!  But they work on the old Win 7 laptop running HRD 6.6.0236  I've used HRD almost since Peter and Simon made it available.  I think it was about 2005.  I probably should learn to use FLDIGI.  But I sure won't be buying another year of "HRD Technical Support."

David Tucker

Yes I have problems with HRD since I got it. Wish Simon would have never sold the rights but of course that was his call.

I won't pay $50 for a program that should work from the start. I do use FLDIGI mainly but I got a new Windows 10 computer and thought I would give the program another try. Don't get me wrong I do like the program but not for $50 a year.

Oh well back to FLDIGI.

73's DAVE #1657

malcolm heard

Overall I have had good experience.  My icom uses a single usb to connect computer.  I have had to update icom usb driver one time.   I use windows 10.

Good luck

Malcolm Ke0jbt

On Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 6:24 AM David Tucker <nu4ndave@...> wrote:
Yes I have problems with HRD since I got it. Wish Simon would have never
sold the rights but of course that was his call.

I won't pay $50 for a program that should work from the start. I do use
FLDIGI mainly but I got a new Windows 10 computer and thought I would
give the program another try. Don't get me wrong I do like the program
but not for $50 a year.

Oh well back to FLDIGI.

73's DAVE #1657

--

Malcolm Heard, M.S.
7516 South 37th Street
Lincoln, NE 68516
heardmalcolm2017@...
402.202.3853

Leadership • Culture • Talent

Ray Clements

Malcolm

Like you, I like HRD; I like it a lot..

 I do pay the annual fee for the software as the guys who do the development and technical support deserve to reap the financial rewards for their time and expertise. However, for those who cannot afford to pay the fee annually, anyone who has ever paid the fee is able to download updates. They just do not have access to technical support. I consider that to be more than fair.

I have been using HRD ever since the days when Simon had it. The program has been updated many times over the years and has many added features since  the current owners purchased rights to the software.

I have only had issues a couple of times. Once I had to contact technical support. They were responsive and had me operational again in a short time. That has been so long ago that I do not remember the issue. Since the software is quite complex and they are supporting a variety of rigs, occasional software glitches are to be expected. Typically, they are resolved in the next update.

Recently, I had an issue with loss of audio on my ICOM 7600 radio. However, that was an issue with the Windows driver, not and issue with HRD. I downloaded and installed the latest driver from the ICOM site and all is well.

For 2022, HRD plans to include an "Alert" module that will check the logs and alert users to any needed contract, countries, band, modes, etc. I assume that will work in conjunction with "Supersweeper" which is great for identifying station on the waterfall.

One feature that HRD lacks is the ability to natively work the WSJT modes such as FT8. The license terms from Joe Taylor prohibit any paid software from using the needed code. However, the folks at HRD have figured out how to link the HRD and WSJT-X software such that any contacts within WSJT-X are automatically logged in HRD.

Any contacts logged in HRD can be uploaded automatically to HRDLog.net, ClubLog, and eQSL. If you share your LoTW security file with HRDLog.net, your contacts will also upload automatically to LoTW. HRDLog is not part of HRD software company.

For those who refuse to pay the license fee for HRD even once, there is DXLab. That program is free and it is the work of a single individual. I have friends who use DXLab and love it. However, after trying it, I much prefer HRD. To each his own.

Ray N9RWC

[...]

Sounds good RAY. Guess I will wait and see what happens with the up grades.

Tnx for the info

73's Dave NU4n #1657

On 12/31/2021 8:24 AM, Ray Clements wrote:

[...]

You make a good point. If people are not paying service fee I wonder if they are notified of new releases.  If not latest version can fix a number of problems and costs nothing.

Malcolm Ke0jbt