Gridpedition Video

Eric KG6MZS

Hello 070'ers,

Thanks for all the flowers.  This group rocks.

Here is the video.  Crank the tunes, go full screen and enjoy!

https://youtu.be/GMjwf5d9NZc

Eric

KG6MZS

Erik - N2EPE

Wow, made contact with a rare grid and now I’m in movie credits as well!

Awesome video Eric, inspiring.

Erik - n2epe

On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 1:15 PM Eric KG6MZS <contact@...> wrote:
Hello 070'ers,

Thanks for all the flowers.  This group rocks.

Here is the video.  Crank the tunes, go full screen and enjoy!

https://youtu.be/GMjwf5d9NZc

Eric

KG6MZS

Steve W3HF

Eric -

Nice video! I did better than full screen--I ChromeCasted it onto the big screen TV for my wife to enjoy at the same time.

It's a shame I was unable to be on the air to make a contact. Although I had proven during the DAZE event that I could operate remotely, there was a power glitch during the evening of 16 May that shut down the shack computer. I had no way to remotely turn it back on, since no one was at home. On the plus side, we had a great time with our daughter in Thailand.

If you ever get back to DM17, or any of the other rare grids around you, let me know.

Thanks for all the flowers.  This group rocks.

Here is the video.  Crank the tunes, go full screen and enjoy!

Eric

KG6MZS

Richard Rohrer

I second that Eric, that looked like a professional video.  XYL and I enjoyed the vistas.  I assume a drone was used for some of the shots.

Also, what type of antenna do you use when SOTAing?

73
Dick - KC3EF

Eric KG6MZS

Hi Dick,

Thanks, you two  inspired me to hit the road.

For SOTA activations I have two antennas that I put in my backpack.  The easiest to deploy is the Packtenna end fed random wire mini:

https://www.packtenna.com/store/p1/PackTenna_Mini_Random_Wire_Antenna_%289%3A1_UNUN%29.html#/

If I have a little space and time I go with a 68' doublet made from 22 awg twin conductor "zip" wire:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K9R9LBV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I was in camp near Whitedog (my Tacoma) I use the same antenna as the doublet only made with speaker wire so I can run 100 watts.  These doublets are resonate on 40 but tune anything 40m - 6m and work really well IMO.

Cheers.

Eric KG6MZS