Great Pumpkin 160 M Sprint Results

stan W9SMR

Last year we hoped that 160M conditions would improve and participation would increase, and our hopes were rewarded with 24 logs submitted.

This year, those hopes were dashed in the noise!

This year there were only 12 logs submitted with 1 High Power, 6 Medium Power, 3 Low Power and 2 QRP. 12 States were worked with 32 total QSO’s. One non-member submitted his log.

1st Place in the High Power 100W category was John, KC3FL of Inverness, FL with 1 QSO, 1 State and 2 points. John was Top Dawg and 1st in the Jay Hudak 80M Sprint this year. He is currently in 2nd Place in the RC3 Championship. He may move to 1st Place because current 1st Place Lee, N5SLY, did not enter the 160M contest.

Top Dawg and 1st in Medium Power 50W was Stan, W9SMR/9 of Fremont, IN, with 7 QSOs, 5 states and 42 points. This is the second rare win for Stan. He credits his Jury-rigged Inv-L and the low noise of his rural QTH for his success. His secret was simply Butt-in-Chair for 6 solid hours. Who would ever think that 7 QSOs would win a contest?

2nd Place in Medium Power 50W was Bob, KF3AA, of Huntington, MD with 4 QSOs, 4 states and 20 points.  He grabbed 1st Place in Medium Power in the Jay Hudak 80M Sprint. He is currently in 3rd place in the RC3. 3rd Place was Roger, N8TCP of Parma Heights, OH with 3 QSOs, 2 states and 9 points.  He grabbed 2nd Place in Medium Power in the Jay Hudak 80M Sprint.

1st Place was a tie in Low Power 25 W category with Darin, KO4EJD of Yuma, AZ and Robert, N3PPH of Prince Frederick, MD each with 4 QSOs, 3 states and 16 points.

2nd Place was non-member, Homer, N5JDT of Alamogordo, NM with 1 QSO and 2 points. Homer joined us last year on 160M. Time to join, Homer!

Hard to believe, but we had 2 successful entries in QRP Power. In 1st Place QRP Power, was Peter, NN9K of Colona, IL with 2 QSOs, 2 states and 6 points. He was the second place QRP winner in this year’s Jay Hudak 80M Sprint. 2nd Place QRP was Eric, K9VIC of Plainfield, IL with 1 QSO, 1 state and 2 points.

Note that the Top Dawg Certificate and Rollo Dog Tag will be reserved exclusively for members.

Thanks to all who submitted logs. It was a brutal test of your patience this year. Stickers will be in the next mailing.

We again are deeply indebted to David, K9DWR, who established the upload link and parsed the contest results. Thank You, David!

It is not too early to start thinking about your participation in the next PODXS 070 Event, the Triple Play Low Band Sprint. This is another great opportunity check the propagation on 40M, 80M and to put some 160M Q’s in the log for the Top Band 20 Endorsement.

Triple Play Low Band Sprint

Saturday November 13 to Monday November 15

See Rules at:

 Rules: Triple Play Low Band Sprint

73,
Stan