From: 070ClubContests@groups.io <070ClubContests@groups.io> on behalf of David, K9DWR <david@...>
Sent: Monday, June 6, 2022 10:14 PM
To: 070ClubContests@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070ClubContests] What Fields Are Needed for TDW Contest Submittal?

* Buz Johnson <wa5amm.sc.usa@...> [2022-06-06 21:59]:
I just tried uploading mine twice, but said there was an error. I did create the TDW log twice, same size.
Hi Buz (and others),

You are getting bit by something I'm seeing in a lot of entries this year:
people using Ø instead of 0, especially in callsigns. While these look
similar, they are definitely not the same character (and Hex D8 is not a
number). While it's fun to use it for Ø7Ø or as a callsign (eg, NØNM), it's
not a valid character; especially in a callsign.

Calls where I am seeing this happen so far:
N0NM
KJ0P
WS0Y
W0IZ
KB0GT
AC0XB

and a couple comment fields where it's being used for 070.

Please refrain from using this non-numeric character for a zero; it breaks
callsign checks for valid callsigns, which is causing errors.

If you replace this with a normal zero (0) in your logs, things should work a
lot better.

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255