FLDIGI not decoding. #new

For those who are using FLDIGI I am having a problem decoding anything above 1000kz. Any one ever had this problem.I hope some can help me out . Tnx

--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's

Stephen Melachrinos

Dave -

Do you have any filters activated on the radio? 

Steve
W3HF

-----Original Message-----
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Jul 2, 2021 7:11 am
Subject: [070Club] FLDIGI not decoding. #new

For those who are using FLDIGI I am having a problem decoding anything above 1000kz. Any one ever had this problem.I hope some can help me out . Tnx

--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's

David Tucker

Yes Steve I have no filters activated. When I see a signal on the WF I can decode with no problem. It seems to be the browser on the left hand side below 1000 it will copy.

Thanks Dave

On 7/2/2021 8:25 AM, Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io wrote:
Dave -

Do you have any filters activated on the radio?

Steve
W3HF

-----Original Message-----
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Jul 2, 2021 7:11 am
Subject: [070Club] FLDIGI not decoding. #new

--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's

Dave,

Make sure this number is 30.  I think if that is set at 10, your browser will only show signals 1000 Hz and lower.  They will still show up on the waterfall and you can still decode them.  Click on attachment to enlarge.

John
KC3FL

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

John,

That set how many channels will be displayed in the channel browser.  The bandwidth processing is set in configure, waterfall, FFT processing. I set my lower limit to 0 and upper limit to 3000.  Not sure that will help.  Also make sure you can see the whole band by adjusting the waterfall scale.

Bob KK6KMU

David Tucker

OK John that did the trick. But I accidently opened up the FFT processing to 5500. I tried to reduce it to 3000 but it still shows 5500 after save config.

On 7/2/2021 10:37 AM, John - KC3FL via groups.io wrote:

Dave,

Make sure this number is 30.  I think if that is set at 10, your browser will only show signals 1000 Hz and lower.  They will still show up on the waterfall and you can still decode them.  Click on attachment to enlarge.

John
KC3FL

Dave,
Glad that fixed it.  The only thing I can think of why you can't get it back to 3000 is either your rig or another piece of software has frozen that setting.  Restart the computer and run just Fldiji with the rig off and see if that helps.
John
KC3FL

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Dave are you adjusting the FFT bandwidth using the arrows to the left and right of the upper and lower limit.  You waterfall should change in real time as you adjust with the arrows.  You must save once you get it the way you want.

Bob
KK6KMU

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Dave also forgot to remind you to save the entire configuration when you close FLDIGi or all settings will come back to the original when you restart.

Bob KK6KMU

Richard Rohrer

Thanks John and Bob you answered a question I had.  Since switching to my backup radio the fldigi setup for it did not work the same as my main radio.  Now it does. 

Dick - KC3EF 

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Dick,

You are welcome.  FLDIGI can be a little frustrating configuring.  That being said it is a great piece of software.  Feel free ask about FLDIGI.  I not an expert but the FLDIGI group can be a little insensitive to newbie questions.  Most answers are look in the manual.  And yes most answers are in the manual but sometimes hard to find if you don't know what the problem is.

Bob
KK6KMU

Bob,
Not only did Dave and Dick learn from our answers, I also learned a few things because I had to poke around areas of Fldigi that I had not yet explored.  Probably a few other folks out there gained a little knowledge also.

John
KC3FL

JoAnn Donaldson

What kind of rig are you interfacing with. A lot of the setup revolves around your Rig settings.

JoAnn
Ab8YZ

On Saturday, July 3, 2021, 1:01:26 PM CDT, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

Bob,
Not only did Dave and Dick learn from our answers, I also learned a few things because I had to poke around areas of Fldigi that I had not yet explored.  Probably a few other folks out there gained a little knowledge also.

John
KC3FL

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

John,

I learned something too.

Bob
KK6KMU

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

JoAnn,

Completely agree.  Your specific rig settings can be frustrating also.  I have a IC-7200 and I tried all the FLDIGI rig control methods.  I have finally have gone to using FLRIG for rig control.  With a little macro programming in FLRIG I now almost never touch the rig.  I'm soon to inherit a Yaesu FT-1000MP-V.  This will be a test of my patience.  I might even post some of my discoveries during the process.

Bob
KK6KMU 

JoAnn Donaldson

I used to use a FT-1000MP-V, so I can real help is it's settings. What kind of interface are you using. I used to use the West Mountain Sound Card Interface.
I am currently using a Flex 6400M and the interfacing with it is done entirely thru it's interface.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Saturday, July 3, 2021, 2:03:40 PM CDT, Bob Motyl KK6KMU <bobmotyl@...> wrote:

JoAnn,

Completely agree.  Your specific rig settings can be frustrating also.  I have a IC-7200 and I tried all the FLDIGI rig control methods.  I have finally have gone to using FLRIG for rig control.  With a little macro programming in FLRIG I now almost never touch the rig.  I'm soon to inherit a Yaesu FT-1000MP-V.  This will be a test of my patience.  I might even post some of my discoveries during the process.

Bob
KK6KMU 

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

JoAnn,

Yes I'm going to use the West Mountain RIGBlaster.  The only difference is that a club member is currently installing an IF buffer board so I can output the IF to my SDRplay.  I will first interface the Yaesu to FLDIGI to make sure everything works.  Then I will try to use SDRUno and SDRPlay.  I'm a retired engineer but software drives me crazy.  I will take you up on the Yaesu help.

Bob
KK6KMU

Bob,

Not sure abt the Mark V but my 1000-MP defaults to LSB in the pkt mode.  I setup a user key to use USB in the data mode but it doesn't work on the Mark V.  I'm sure someone out there has a fix for it.  It's a great rig, has two receivers that you can listen to at the same time.  Makes spotting the listening freq. of a station working a split a piece of cake.
John
KC3FL

Jerry N9AVY

John:

In PSK, my FT-1000MP defaults to USB.  It's still work okay and have as yet to hook up IC-7300....someday.

Jerry  n9avy

On Saturday, July 3, 2021, 02:50:09 PM CDT, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

Bob,

Not sure abt the Mark V but my 1000-MP defaults to LSB in the pkt mode.  I setup a user key to use USB in the data mode but it doesn't work on the Mark V.  I'm sure someone out there has a fix for it.  It's a great rig, has two receivers that you can listen to at the same time.  Makes spotting the listening freq. of a station working a split a piece of cake.
John
KC3FL

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

John,

Yes you are correct the PKT mode does default to LSB.  And yes I have read about the work around but don't have the rig yet to set it up.  Yes I have been told it is a great rig.  There was a problem with the temp switch and the fan didn't come on.  A member of a contest club agreed to go through it before I inherited it.  I hinted that I wanted to install a buffer board and tap the IF.  He agreed to install the buffer board but didn't realize he had to remove most to guts to access the RF board.  If I don't get it in a week or so I'm going to tell him to forget it.  It would be great to have a rig that I can see activity on the band.

Bob