Topics

fldigi & N3FJP setup - solved!

Bo W4GHV

A working solution for the 070PSK31 contest - W4GHV   5/28/20 2PM    whew. 6 hours early

Using N3FJP WAE contest logging program
Using fldigi Generic Contest settings
No matter what its settings are in the Text Capture Order, the first mouse click on the CALL works, but the second one on a serial number (member number in the 070PSK contest) goes into the EXCHANGE box!
However if you RIGHT click on it INSTEAD and select S/N it goes into the S/N box and on to N#FJP logger OK!
I found that the fldigi settings seem to disappear when you goof. Also I THINK exit and restart helps for it.

I sure hope there is a big turn out, since I've spent DAYS conquering this.
C U tonight at 8PM

Frequencies in case you are interested
070 Club Recommended PSK31 Frequencies

160m 1.807 MHz
 80m  3.580 MHz
 40m  7.070 MHz
 30m 10.140 MHz
 20m 14.070 MHz
 17m 18.097 MHz
 15m 21.070 MHz
 12m 24.920 MHz
 10m 28.120 MHz
 6m 50.290 MHz

 Tools I use to prepare Cabrillo submissions

73, Bo W4GHV since '54

Tim Castagnola

Hello all,

I haven't done this contest before and after seeing this thread I would like to clear something up.  Does the member number go into the "Serial Number" and not the "Exchange"?  I want to make sure I have the input right, I would hate to have to go in and manually change 100's of contest contacts, hi hi.

Thank you for clarification of this.

73,

Tim
KM6KIZ

Jerry N9AVY

On N3FJP ACLog the 070# goes in the "other" which can be relabeled "SRX" if you wish. Been using that for years.

Jerry n9avy

On Thursday, May 28, 2020, 01:32:06 PM CDT, Tim Castagnola <timcastagnola@...> wrote:

Hello all,

I haven't done this contest before and after seeing this thread I would like to clear something up.  Does the member number go into the "Serial Number" and not the "Exchange"?  I want to make sure I have the input right, I would hate to have to go in and manually change 100's of contest contacts, hi hi.

Thank you for clarification of this.

73,

Tim
KM6KIZ

David, K9DWR

* Jerry N9AVY <@N9AVY> [2020-05-28 19:22]:
On N3FJP ACLog the 070# goes in the "other" which can be relabeled "SRX" if
you wish. Been using that for years.

Jerry n9avy
On Thursday, May 28, 2020, 01:32:06 PM CDT, Tim Castagnola <timcastagnola@...> wrote:

Hello all,

I haven't done this contest before and after seeing this thread I would like
to clear something up.  Does the member number go into the "Serial Number"
and not the "Exchange"?  I want to make sure I have the input right, I would
hate to have to go in and manually change 100's of contest contacts, hi hi.
As the person writing the scorer, just get your information in "somewhere" and
I'll figure it out. I will say that putting it in the Serial Number field is
probably the least correct place for it. The exchange field (which is usually
the srx_string, NOT srx) is a much better place for it. SRX is supposed to be
QSO serial number, SRX_STRING is "contest QSO received information")

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@...

Chuck M

Other suggestions for logging programs?  Prefer one that can run on the RPi.

N1MM has a UDC for TDW but looks like last update for it was from 2012.  fldigi has limited contest mode.  Haven't really checked to make sure CQRLOG is playing nice with fldigi on my RPi setup.

GL to all in the contest.  Hope to be on for several hours scattered here and there during the event.

73s
Chuck
KD9DVB

#1604 LONP #255
david@...

Stephen Melachrinos

Chuck -

Although we made a rules change this year, the 2020 rules are almost identical to the ones from 2001 through 2018. The only change is the addition that you can work non-members.

So unless that 2012 version has a "check to see if the other station is a member" function, it should work just fine.

#1604 LONP #255
david@...

Bo W4GHV

I switched to the CQ WPX program and it works fine. One click on call , one click on S/N and its done.