From: Gil woodside <Wa1lad@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Jun 19, 2022 7:19 am
Subject: [070Club] Field Day macros, logging

I have been following the thread and found the suggestions and information very useful.

Our club (WA1USA) will be running 2F for Field Day. We do operate SSB, CW and most of the digital modes. We also use N3FJP's amazing Field Day Log software coupled to the FLDigi suite of programs. This partnership has worked perfectly for us for 6-7 years now and it was quite easy to set up. As for our macros, they are just the basic CQ, Answer CQ, our INFO, Tnx/73 and QRZ? . I think its a matter of operator choice for the macros but we have found, especially on FD, that short and sweet works best.

We hope to work many PSK31 QSO's this year!

OK, thats my 2 cents gentlemen.....now back to lurking  ;)

73,
Gil/WA1LAD
070# 2923

N9JCA Chris

YEP
You only need 5 Macros

Call CQ: CQ CQ FD de <MYCALL> <MYCALL> CQ

Call Station: <MYCALL> <MYCALL>

My Info: Pse cpy XXX XXX XXX XXX BTU

Sign: <CALL> Tnx 4 contact 73 ( As you may notice "NO Garbage"

i.e. QSO Logged xxx xxx xxx etc

AGN: AGN AGN PSE

I know it's a pain for some people but you really need

to make some "short and sweet" Contest Macros and keep them separate

from regular daily PSK Operation

Fldigi has 4 separate Rows for Macros so why not use them

Chris N9JCA PODXS #797

73

On 6/20/22 03:12, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io wrote:
Gil, I think ur suggestion for FD macro's to be the most helpful suggested thus far by anyone.
Thanks for contributing to the groiup.
Milt.
N6MG, 070-650 - LONP #76
Director, Contests & LONP (2Hats)