Field Day macros, logging

Gil woodside

I have been following the thread and found the suggestions and information very useful.

Our club (WA1USA) will be running 2F for Field Day. We do operate SSB, CW and most of the digital modes. We also use N3FJP's amazing Field Day Log software coupled to the FLDigi suite of programs. This partnership has worked perfectly for us for 6-7 years now and it was quite easy to set up. As for our macros, they are just the basic CQ, Answer CQ, our INFO, Tnx/73 and QRZ? . I think its a matter of operator choice for the macros but we have found, especially on FD, that short and sweet works best.

We hope to work many PSK31 QSO's this year!

OK, thats my 2 cents gentlemen.....now back to lurking  ;)

Gil/WA1LAD
070# 2923

Gil, I think ur suggestion for FD macro's to be the most helpful suggested thus far by anyone.
Thanks for contributing to the groiup.
Milt.
N6MG, 070-650 - LONP #76
Director, Contests & LONP (2Hats)

-----Original Message-----
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Jun 19, 2022 7:19 am
Subject: [070Club] Field Day macros, logging

I have been following the thread and found the suggestions and information very useful.

Our club (WA1USA) will be running 2F for Field Day. We do operate SSB, CW and most of the digital modes. We also use N3FJP's amazing Field Day Log software coupled to the FLDigi suite of programs. This partnership has worked perfectly for us for 6-7 years now and it was quite easy to set up. As for our macros, they are just the basic CQ, Answer CQ, our INFO, Tnx/73 and QRZ? . I think its a matter of operator choice for the macros but we have found, especially on FD, that short and sweet works best.

Gil/WA1LAD
070# 2923

N9JCA Chris

YEP
You only need 5 Macros

Call CQ: CQ CQ FD de <MYCALL> <MYCALL> CQ

Call Station: <MYCALL> <MYCALL>

My Info: Pse cpy XXX XXX XXX XXX BTU

Sign: <CALL> Tnx 4 contact 73 ( As you may notice "NO Garbage"

i.e. QSO Logged xxx xxx xxx etc

AGN: AGN AGN PSE

I know it's a pain for some people but you really need

to make some "short and sweet" Contest Macros and keep them separate

from regular daily PSK Operation

Fldigi has 4 separate Rows for Macros so why not use them

Chris N9JCA PODXS #797

On 6/20/22 03:12, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io wrote:
Gil, I think ur suggestion for FD macro's to be the most helpful suggested thus far by anyone.
Thanks for contributing to the groiup.
Milt.
N6MG, 070-650 - LONP #76
Director, Contests & LONP (2Hats)
-----Original Message-----
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Jun 19, 2022 7:19 am
Subject: [070Club] Field Day macros, logging
Gil/WA1LAD
070# 2923

Mike W4BZM <behrcave@...>

Chris, good list.  I’m still new at this game, and learning (aren’t we all?), so I appreciate constructive inputs like yours.

I’d suggest that the “My Info” macro read:  “<CALL> XXX XXX XXXX XXXX kn”.  Several stations may have answered the CQ call and they need to know which one you are replying to (and logging), preferably before the sign off message.  And the “pse copy” seems extraneous since the calling station is expecting that info anyway.

I also like that your Sign macro ends in “73” rather than in “73 QRZ”.  It irks me when a station ends a QSO with “73 QRZ”, in effect saying “I’m done with you, who is next?” without giving me the chance to give my 73 call at the end of the communication per FCC regs.  So my Sign macro for contests and Field Day just reads “<CALL> TU <MYCALL> 73”.  

You’re right about using multiple versions of macro in Fldigi.  I’m not familiar with HRD or other programs, but I imagine they have similar capabilities.

But, in the end, to each his/her own.  Most important:  Let’s have fun with Field Day!

73 Mike W4BZM 
PODXS #2653  LONP #433

Eric KG6MZS

I suggest having a different set of macros for search/pounce and for running CQ.  The sequence is different.

I also have separate macros ready for repeating section, class and "all again pse."  I use those a lot in the Field Day chaos.

Another country heard from,

73 Eric KG6MZS