Field Day

Jerry N9AVY

Have seen quite a few 070 members on the air today - way to go PODXS !!!

Have also noticed quite a bit of QSB - UGH !    Give an OP my info and get nothing back.   He moves on before confirming - bad moves.   Have had to strike a lot of stations from the log for that reason.

Saw zilch (not Z1LCH) on 15/0m although I kept checking.  FD is fun - sometimes.

Jerry   n9avy  #454

Jim K5SP

Haven't been on yet. Have visitor. Will be on in about an hour.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Geary McDowell

I was able to make a few contacts, then storms moved in.
A funny today not a single club station returned my call, every contact I made was like my station a 1D.  HI HI HI
73 have fun, we are looking at storms here through Sunday.
Geary, KE5IRK

On Sat, Jun 26, 2021 at 5:07 PM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
Have seen quite a few 070 members on the air today - way to go PODXS !!!

Have also noticed quite a bit of QSB - UGH !    Give an OP my info and get nothing back.   He moves on before confirming - bad moves.   Have had to strike a lot of stations from the log for that reason.

Saw zilch (not Z1LCH) on 15/0m although I kept checking.  FD is fun - sometimes.

Jerry   n9avy  #454

Barry VA7GEM

Spent a few hrs on 20M and picked up 50 contacts.
Band not gr8. As Jerry sez they come es they go.
Overall still fun es we still have tonight then tomorrow
I look for my LONP count to skyrocket.
cheers de
Barry

Eric KG6MZS

Jerry,

48 contacts on SSB here in New Mexico running 10 watts. Mostly on 15m.

No digital station here.  A few bolts of lightning.

73 Eric KG6MZ

On 6/26/21 3:07 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
Have seen quite a few 070 members on the air today - way to go PODXS !!!

Have also noticed quite a bit of QSB - UGH !    Give an OP my info and get nothing back.   He moves on before confirming - bad moves.   Have had to strike a lot of stations from the log for that reason.

Saw zilch (not Z1LCH) on 15/0m although I kept checking.  FD is fun - sometimes.

Jerry   n9avy  #454

Jerry N9AVY

Eric :

What happened here, you get kicked out of CA because of TVI ???  Hi hi !!

Worked some NM stations today... "must be something happening over there " !

Jerry  n9avy

On Saturday, June 26, 2021, 08:18:14 PM CDT, Eric KG6MZS <contact@...> wrote:

Jerry,

48 contacts on SSB here in New Mexico running 10 watts. Mostly on 15m.

No digital station here.  A few bolts of lightning.

73 Eric KG6MZ

On 6/26/21 3:07 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
Have seen quite a few 070 members on the air today - way to go PODXS !!!

Have also noticed quite a bit of QSB - UGH !    Give an OP my info and get nothing back.   He moves on before confirming - bad moves.   Have had to strike a lot of stations from the log for that reason.

Saw zilch (not Z1LCH) on 15/0m although I kept checking.  FD is fun - sometimes.

Jerry   n9avy  #454

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Uploaded to the ARRL site for Field Day and the PODXS 070 appeared in the pull down for club selection.

I could tell that a few stations had not worked PSK in some time.  A few stations were overmodulating and causing interference.  Overall I had a good time.  20 Meters was pretty crowded most of the time.  Took awhile to find an open spot.

I saw Barry (VA7GEM), Bob (K4VBM), Tom (KD6TR), John (KC3FL) , Alan (KA5VZG), Jerry  (N9AVY), and Jim (K5SP) to name a few.  I'm still working on trying to recognize PODXS call signs.  Not very good at it.

Bob
KK6KMU

Barry VA7GEM

On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 01:45 PM, Bob Motyl KK6KMU wrote:
Uploaded to the ARRL site for Field Day and the PODXS 070 appeared in the pull down for club selection.

I could tell that a few stations had not worked PSK in some time.  A few stations were overmodulating and causing interference.  Overall I had a good time.  20 Meters was pretty crowded most of the time.  Took awhile to find an open spot.

I saw Barry (VA7GEM), Bob (K4VBM), Tom (KD6TR), John (KC3FL) , Alan (KA5VZG), Jerry  (N9AVY), and Jim (K5SP) to name a few.  I'm still working on trying to recognize PODXS call signs.  Not very good at it.

Bob
KK6KMU
Thank you Bob
Likewise housekeeping duties completed
Barry

Jerry N9AVY

Bob:

You have to have a real great memory to be able to recognize PODXS call signs with over 2800 to memorize !

Notice a ton of members out there whom I hadn't seen in some time.  Maybe we should rename it the "PODXS 070 Field Day" ??? Hah !

Ran across one station sending his call sign phonetically and clued him in that wasn't done. He seemed to straighten up and fly right after that.

Lots of stations were overpowered although the ARRL FD rules have categories for under 150 watts and over 150 watts... this should be changed for PSK31 I would think.  Saw a few stations with spurs and some were trying to work the spurs (Spurious radiations). It did not help with all those stations crowded in a small chunk of spectrum.

Ran into problems where I'd ask for repeat and the station would disappear - QSB ?  (I dunno)  Other times I'd get a mix of 2 signals and end up with right station , but wrong data exchange - UGH !  Had to drop quite a few from logs because of that... nutz !

QSB was quite a factor in working stations and many would call never to be heard again. Had a couple problems where I'd be running a frequency for 2-3 hours and working bunches of stations only to suddenly have some interloper try to commandeer the frequency, but I have none of that and have my own way of dealing with those ops. Used to be if someone heard one working a frequency they'd leave you be, but courtesy has disappeared in recent years.

Had fun and worked a bunch of stations in IA, MI and even worked my old boss (W9RLL) up in Eau Claire, WI ; who is also a PODXS member !  (new LONP)

Haven't seen PSK31 this active in years. Worked mostly 40/20/15m, but never saw anyone on 80m .   Noticed there was a lot of what appeared to be noise as my waterfall background would change color whenever I pointed beam East.

Hope everyone had fun this weekend ! Be sure to submit Cabrillo file to ARRL  for PODXS !!!

73,  Jerry  n9avy  #454

On Sunday, June 27, 2021, 03:45:53 PM CDT, Bob Motyl KK6KMU <bobmotyl@...> wrote:

Uploaded to the ARRL site for Field Day and the PODXS 070 appeared in the pull down for club selection.

I could tell that a few stations had not worked PSK in some time.  A few stations were overmodulating and causing interference.  Overall I had a good time.  20 Meters was pretty crowded most of the time.  Took awhile to find an open spot.

I saw Barry (VA7GEM), Bob (K4VBM), Tom (KD6TR), John (KC3FL) , Alan (KA5VZG), Jerry  (N9AVY), and Jim (K5SP) to name a few.  I'm still working on trying to recognize PODXS call signs.  Not very good at it.

Bob
KK6KMU

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Jerry,

Only had 60 PSK contacts.  15 of those were members. Only worked 10, 15 and 20 meters.  I was using my 30 AmpHr battery and 100 Watt solar panel.  I have a battery monitor and never went below 12VDC when transmitting.  When the sun went down I quit.

I'm thinking about doing an August Portable Expedition.  It would be my first time.  We shall see if I can get permission from the XYL.  Hi Hi

Bob
KK6KMU

Rick - N7WE

On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 09:48 PM, Bob Motyl KK6KMU wrote:
I'm thinking about doing an August Portable Expedition.  It would be my first time.  We shall see if I can get permission from the XYL.  Hi Hi
Go for it Bob!  Portable a whole new experience and lots and lots of fun!  Be sure to post your plans so we can look for you!