From: JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Nov 20, 2021 3:29 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] Yaesu FTDX-101 MP

Milt,
   Have you looked at the Flex 6600/M?  Dual receivers. Three (3) instances per receiver. Two (2) External Ports for Transvers. The M Model gives you a front panel Screen and knobs and switches and buttons. Built in Speaker. You can route RX1 to Left ear and RX2 to Right ear.
Just my two cents worth.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

P.S. My wife TOLD me that the Flex was my LAST Radio. I still have my FT-1000MP that I gought in 2000.

On Saturday, November 20, 2021, 11:22:56 AM CST, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

Bob...
Good question.
There's more filtering options on the MP model, than the D model.
The speaker/power supply comes with the MP model.
Yip, double the RF out on the MP, nice, but not a determining factor.
Those Sherwood ratings on the MP are impressive.
I really haven't made up my mind yet, but I'm leaning towards the MP.
The critical path is still: Aerial --> Feed Line --> Receiver.
That's where I am. No game face yet, but I'm getting there.
And now, Jim tells me I have to get 2...I'll get right on that! :-)
Milt.
N6MG