Topics

Erika - Congrats!!

Steve W3HF

Hey Erika ---

Just saw today's listing of endorsements. Congratulations on
working Hawaii!! FB. What band was it?

DL2AYL@...

Good Mmorning Steve,

worked him on 15 meters in the evening, strange conditions, hardly any signal on
the band just the AH6 and XU7ABN - the latter didn't hear me but nobody else was
calling, hi. The AH6 called a Scot but that one didn't reply either, so I filled
the gap.... That is the advantage of my big antenna, I hear the weaker stations
sooner than others.
During the expedition of ZL9CI I couldn't hear the ZL 9 in huge pile up, but one
Saturday when I was bored by the TV program I switched on the radio, found out
that the bands were actually dead, just on 20 meters I heard a lonely station
cqing, weak but workable, turned the beam and found out it was ZL9CI, can you
believe - it was just dl2ayl who called him and got him, hi..
Good weekend to you and yours !