Eqsl a legitimate Grid Square QSL.

Jerry N9AVY

 New eQSLs
 ActionCallsignDate/TimeBandMode
( SubMode)
CountryAGSignal Report and CommentsActions
 W9YOY/M EN61

Send E-Mail - eQSL.cc

eQSL.cc

The Electronic QSL Card Centre

25Jun2008
00:476MSSBUSAY59

Archive

Jerry N9AVY

Grid square should be on Eqsl in comments or call sign area.  What does everyone think ???

Jerry

On Sunday, October 24, 2021, 06:22:58 PM CDT, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

 New eQSLs
 ActionCallsignDate/TimeBandMode
( SubMode)
CountryAGSignal Report and CommentsActions
 W9YOY/M EN61

Send E-Mail - eQSL.cc

eQSL.cc

The Electronic QSL Card Centre

25Jun2008
00:476MSSBUSAY59

Archive

Stephen Melachrinos

What does the QSL actually say for grid?

My first reaction was that it seems like a whole lot of effort to create a new login (i.e., callsign) with the grid embedded therein. And it also means that if you send an eQSL to W9VOY/m (as he signed), you won't get a match.

But maybe this is his way of making sure he uploads the right QSOs to each account.

Unusual? Yes. Kind of flakey (because of the grid embedded in the callsign)? Absolutely. But is the intent clear? Definitely.

Grid square should be on Eqsl in comments or call sign area.  What does everyone think ???

Jerry

On Sunday, October 24, 2021, 06:22:58 PM CDT, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

 New eQSLs
 ActionCallsignDate/TimeBandMode
( SubMode)
CountryAGSignal Report and CommentsActions
 W9YOY/M EN61

Send E-Mail - eQSL.cc

eQSL.cc
The Electronic QSL Card Centre

25Jun2008
00:476MSSBUSAY59

Archive

Jerry N9AVY

It's more clear than a "generic " Eqsl.  If I lost logs, I'd have to start over maybe, but no proof of actual QSO.

jerry

On Sunday, October 24, 2021, 06:35:38 PM CDT, Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io <melachri@...> wrote:

[...]

Leland Sly

I am going through the same problem with a 1X1 call sign we used for a special event station right now.  The problem is...eQSL doesn't deal with alternative locations very well at all.  It is easy with LOTW you just create a New Station Location with the correct Grid Square and everything is just fine.  There is no way to do that with eQSL.  Near as I can figure you have to get their Help Desk involved to get things set up properly.  Was just going to do that to see if I can set up our 1X1 call sign in Grid EL58je...that is a rare one and the operator made hundreds of QSO's there last week...he was working on his ship and operating during his off duty hours.

73

Lee N5SLY

On Sunday, October 24, 2021, 06:35:38 PM CDT, Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io <melachri=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Rick - N7WE

It's not as easy as LoTW, but not all that hard to do a different grid square location using eQSL.  For me it began with setting up a new AG account for /P operations.  From there it was just a matter of creating a new sub-account for each different location.  I've uploaded an explanation of what I did to the Files section of the group in a new folder - "eQSL Tricks" and new file - "Logging Portable Ops and Grids in eQSL.docx".  I have 88 sub-accounts with different locations/grids I have operated from - all linked to my main N7WE account.

Leland Sly

That works if you are on dry land...but this guy was in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico.  eQSL wants a City, County & State.  There is none.

73

Lee N5SLY

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 8:09 PM Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:
It's not as easy as LoTW, but not all that hard to do a different grid square location using eQSL.  For me it began with setting up a new AG account for /P operations.  From there it was just a matter of creating a new sub-account for each different location.  I've uploaded an explanation of what I did to the Files section of the group in a new folder - "eQSL Tricks" and new file - "Logging Portable Ops and Grids in eQSL.docx".  I have 88 sub-accounts with different locations/grids I have operated from - all linked to my main N7WE account.

Steve WB3LGC

Why I use LoTW.

steve WB3LGC