Endorsement – Lower 48

stan W9SMR

Many of you have grabbed the Lower 48 Endorsement, giving recognition for working all 48 States on mainland USA, but newcomers especially may need to focus on this to actually get it.

A recent example was Tom, KE8QYK. #2887, from Mansfield OH. I was discussing the 31 Flavors contest with him and he mentioned that he needed only DE to complete his “Lower 48” Endorsement. I sent him a list (*) of members in DE and contacted my brother-in-law in Lewes, DE (Will, KC3EOV) who set up a sked with Tom and made that critical QSO happen. Congrats Tom and thank you Will!

In case you are not aware of your current standing on this, I have copied the “Lower 48 Need-List” from the On-Line Endorsement Checker for members who have uploaded during 2022 so far and need 10 or fewer States. I hope with this info, you succeed in your search for that need State.

Propagation continues to improve, and more traces are appearing on the waterfalls. Good luck and enjoy this wonderful hobby!

·         * Here is how to get the current PODXS 070 Members list:
Got to PODXS 070 Home page, Click ”Member Files” upper right corner
Click “Download CSV File”

73,
Stan
W9SMR - 070  #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director

Cliff Clark

I see a few that need Idaho.  I live a few miles from the border of Idaho, and I have a mobile/portable station.  If anyone would like a contact with me in Idaho, send me an email and maybe we can make a sked.

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 4:01 PM stan W9SMR <robinstan@...> wrote:

[...]

Barry VA7GEM

Cliff
In Idaho I still need DN12, DN24, DN25, DN34.
What is your call so I can see where you live?
Cheers
Barry

stan W9SMR

Cliff, AC7CC,

I am sure many people need ID. You have the very a great suggestion that I hope others will follow. As propagation improves and more bands open up, it will benefit us all to reach out and make these QSO's!

You joined us on 1/9/22 as 070 #2893 and I hope you are finding time to make those contacts and enjoying this fabulous hobby. You have not yet uploaded to the Online Endorsement Checker. Find a moment to do that and see what progress you are making there.

Thanks for your offer. Let us know if that comes about and whether it is successful.

73,
Stan
W9SMR
070 #1611

[cid:attach_0_16E80BA9ADC51377_5627@groups.io]

Propagation continues to improve, and more traces are appearing on the waterfalls. Good luck and enjoy this wonderful hobby!

• * Here is how to get the current PODXS 070 Members list:
Got to PODXS 070 Home page, Click ”Member Files” upper right corner
Click “Download CSV File”

[cid:attach_0_16E80BA9AD25A39A_30684@groups.io]

73,
Stan
W9SMR - 070 #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director

Rick - N7WE

Cliff-
You can be very popular on both coasts!  Barry up in North Van, BC and me from here in central Florida for starters!  I still need those same 4 grids as Barry plus DN 12 and DN35.  If you make trips to any of those grids I will be glued to the waterfall looking for you!  73,

stan W9SMR

Cliff and all..Sorry for my typo on Cliff's call

Should be AG7CC.

73,
Stan

You can be very popular on both coasts! Barry up in North Van, BC and me from here in central Florida for starters! I still need those same 4 grids as Barry plus DN 12 and DN35. If you make trips to any of those grids I will be glued to the waterfall looking for you! 73,

Stephen Melachrinos <melachri@...>

Cliff -

As you can see, some of the club members are very motivated to find rare grids. I need DN12, DN25, and DN34.

I've found that https://www.levinecentral.com/ham/grid_square.php is a good web site for seeing the grid squares overlaid on a usable map (with roads and towns).

Cliff Clark

My call is AG7CC.

I’m in grid DN16 normally.

On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 07:41 Barry VA7GEM via groups.io <boat.anchor=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
Cliff
In Idaho I still need DN12, DN24, DN25, DN34.
What is your call so I can see where you live?
Cheers
Barry

Cliff.

I'll throw my hat into the ring for DN12, DN25 and DN34.

John
KC3FL

Cliff Clark

Ok, I’ll take a look at the grids in this thread to see if I can reach them.  I might have to plan a trip.

Tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon I’ll plan to operate portable in Idaho for anyone who needs that state.

I’m a new member, so I haven’t qualified for any endorsements yet, so hopefully I’ll get closer to my LONP.

On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 10:05 John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Cliff.

I'll throw my hat into the ring for DN12, DN25 and DN34.

John
KC3FL

Roger Boehnlein

Just uploaded again. Should have all 48 now.

Yeah…..

Roger

N8TCP

Sent from Mail for Windows

[...]

JoAnn Donaldson

It seems that RI and VT (the two I need) are almost on everyone's list. I know there are Hams in these two states because I have contact some on just about every band. I guess they don't like PSK31. LOL

JoAnn
AB8YZ