Topics

EL59

Richard Rohrer

We will be stopping in EL59 on Tuesday March 2nd starting not before 1030 CST or 1130 EST or 1630 GMT depending on how you like to tell time. I believe N9AVY and N7WE both need this grid, so I will start by calling them around 14.072.  If anyone else needs this grid or just wants to say hi, feel free to join in.  If not much activity we will start heading back to FL.
--
Dick - KC3EF
070 - 747

Jerry N9AVY

Dick:

Yep, still need EL59 !   Have 20m working and some WARC bands, but no 40/80m yet.

Will be looking for y'all on Tuesday.

Jerry  n9avy

On Sunday, February 28, 2021, 11:05:53 AM CST, Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:

We will be stopping in EL59 on Tuesday March 2nd starting not before 1030 CST or 1130 EST or 1630 GMT depending on how you like to tell time. I believe N9AVY and N7WE both need this grid, so I will start by calling them around 14.072.  If anyone else needs this grid or just wants to say hi, feel free to join in.  If not much activity we will start heading back to FL.
--
Dick - KC3EF
070 - 747

Rick - N7WE

Dick-
I appreciate the consideration.  Unfortunately, Tuesday I have a 9:30 AM (1430 UTC) appointment at UFHealth-Shands in Gainseville.  Hopefully no more than an hour to 90 minutes.  I will hurry home as fast as I can, but certainly don't wait on me.  When you go to Shands, sometimes 60 minutes turns into all day.  It will be what it will be.

Richard Rohrer

Well that is unfortunate Rick, but we go this way quite a bit and already planning a trip in April to Ft Worth if Women's Gymnastics Championship will allow spectators.

I will start callin you Jerry when we hit the grid.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Dick, the times and bands agn pls?
milt
n6mg

Well that is unfortunate Rick, but we go this way quite a bit and already planning a trip in April to Ft Worth if Women's Gymnastics Championship will allow spectators.

I will start callin you Jerry when we hit the grid.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Richard Rohrer

Milt,

Tuesday around 1630 gmt.  14.072.

Dick

Richard Rohrer

We  may get rained out for tomorrow EL59 activation.  The current WX prediction is for a couple of inches of rain that seems to flood the area.  The xyl is still thinking of how to get there and miss the areas that flood.  I will text you Jerry when we get there.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Jerry N9AVY

Dick:

Will be standing by 14072 around 1630 GMT/Zulu/UTC Tuesday. If there is too much rain and you don't show, I'll be disappointed a bit, but I've missed you before on some grids. No big deal.

Drive safely !

Jerry  n9avy

On Monday, March 1, 2021, 08:03:47 PM CST, Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:

We  may get rained out for tomorrow EL59 activation.  The current WX prediction is for a couple of inches of rain that seems to flood the area.  The xyl is still thinking of how to get there and miss the areas that flood.  I will text you Jerry when we get there.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Jerry N9AVY

Just got a text from Dick , KC3EF, that EL59 is cancelled due to weather.  Bummer, but it's only a minor set back because I've missed it so many times already. Someday I'l work that grid !  Patience needed...  Emoji

Jerry  n9avy

Richard Rohrer

We decided not to activate EL59 because of bad weather.  Last time we were there and it rained the streets flooded.  Looks like the next opportunity will be in April if the NCAA Gymnastics Championships allow spectators.  Its in Ft Worth and we will probably travel back along the TX/LA coast.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Rick - N7WE

Good decision Dick.  From what I can see, lots of EL59 kind of falls in that "below the levee" category.  Not a good place to be with heavy rains.  Hope the NCAA Gymnastics come together so you can make the trip.  Not just for EL59, but I know both you and Kathy enjoy collegiate gymnastics and have followed them for sometime.

Richard Rohrer

You know Rick, they call that area the "Cajun Atlantis" and after being there during a heavy rain storm I can see why NOLA has trouble during a hurricane. I guess we will see what happens.  Regional competitions are now selling tickets and since its in TX who knows what will happen as long as there is power, hi hi.

Does anyone need EL94, that covers the FL keys, we are heading to Key West the end of the month.  Wanderlust has hit the xyl bad, now that we are vaccinated.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Dick, Pls put my name on the list as needing it.
This is a good time of the year for the Keys.
Especially if ya'll are into shorebirds.
Stay safe.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

You know Rick, they call that area the "Cajun Atlantis" and after being there during a heavy rain storm I can see why NOLA has trouble during a hurricane. I guess we will see what happens.  Regional competitions are now selling tickets and since its in TX who knows what will happen as long as there is power, hi hi.

Does anyone need EL94, that covers the FL keys, we are heading to Key West the end of the month.  Wanderlust has hit the xyl bad, now that we are vaccinated.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Richard Rohrer

Ok MIlt,

I will post to the group when we are heading for the grid.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Dick,
Thanks.
I'm just starting to pay attention to the grid chase, so, if you'll just post when you're on the road again, I'm almost guaranteed to need the grid, ya know?
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

I will post to the group when we are heading for the grid.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Richard Rohrer

Hi MIlt,

Send me your text info to my call at arrl.net and I will send a text when hitting grids that you need.  Propagation seems to be getting better to the West Coast so we may be able to make some contacts.  The xyl is already planning a trip to Ft Worth for gymnastics and we may try to hit a few less populated grids in TX and OK.  Probably will be trying EL59 again.

73
Dick - KC3EF