edit field day log

Bill Williams

Hi guys,

We have a gota station set up for field day in our EOC but never used it so I ran PSK when one of the other stations was not running, we were running 2F so only two stations at a time.  My problem is that we were using N1MM for the first time and did not know how to change modes on the fly.  Now I want to edit the log for that station to make them (only 31) all PSK from USB.  I can edit the log to LSW or CW but it will not accept PSK or PK.  Can anyone help?
Bill
AG4QX
OH, I forgot to say that I exported to an ADI file if that is important.

GA - Bob - K4VBM

Change "USB" to "RY".
When I exported my log from N1MM+, all the PSK31 QSOs were marked that way (RTTY).

Bob
K4VBM

On 6/27/2022 9:44 AM, Bill Williams wrote:
Hi guys,

We have a gota station set up for field day in our EOC but never used it so I ran PSK when one of the other stations was not running, we were running 2F so only two stations at a time.  My problem is that we were using N1MM for the first time and did not know how to change modes on the fly.  Now I want to edit the log for that station to make them (only 31) all PSK from USB.  I can edit the log to LSW or CW but it will not accept PSK or PK.  Can anyone help?
Bill
AG4QX

Steve W3HF

Bill -

If all you are going to do with the log is upload to ARRL, then it doesn't really matter much. FD does not make a distinction between all the digital modes. (I don't know if anyone at ARRL will parse the logs and look at the individual digital modes, but if they do, we want them to see PSK.)

If you are also going to upload to an electronic QSL service (eQSL, LoTW, HRDlog, ClubLog, QRZ, etc) then you should not leave a PSK31 QSO identified as RTTY or even just DIG. Since you already have a separate ADIF file, you could use one of the direct ADIF tools, like ADIF Master.

Steve
W3HF

-----Original Message-----
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Jun 27, 2022 9:47 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] edit field day log

Change "USB" to "RY".
When I exported my log from N1MM+, all the PSK31 QSOs were marked that way (RTTY).

Bob
K4VBM

On 6/27/2022 9:44 AM, Bill Williams wrote:
Hi guys,

Bill
AG4QX

Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK - PODXS 070 # 2645

I had the same problem. I ended up (based on an online Cabrillo converter) to use "DG" for digital modes. That was accepted and correctly scored.

Karl Heinz - K5KHK

Jim K5SP

Bill, if you look at your ADI file in Notepad, you should see for every record entry something like this <MODE:3>SSB, do a change all, and change that to <MODE:3> PSK  also look for a <SUBMODE: > field, and it there change, if not there add <SUBMODE:5> PSK31

Save it back as a .adi file, not .txt as Notebook wants to do.  In the save as window make the filename "myfile.adi" the quotation marks force Notepad to save as .adi instead of the .txt.

Jim K5SP

On 6/27/2022 8:44 AM, Bill Williams wrote:
Hi guys,

Bill
AG4QX

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director

stan W9SMR

Gotcha', Karl, for FD Stickers

Thanks for Upload to PODXS 070 and note on email address.

Stan
W9SMR

Sent: Monday, June 27, 2022 10:15 AM

I had the same problem. I ended up (based on an online Cabrillo converter) to use "DG" for digital modes. That was accepted and correctly scored.

Karl Heinz - K5KHK

Bill Williams

Karl,

Neither N1MM nor ADIF Master allow me to use DG.  In N1MM it only took RTTY.  I am still not getting it done but have a few things to try when I get time.

Bill
AG4QX

On Mon, Jun 27, 2022 at 1:03 PM stan W9SMR <robinstan@...> wrote:

Stan
W9SMR

Karl Heinz - K5KHK

Leland Sly

Use DIG for the Mode.

Lee N5SLY

On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 7:21 AM Bill Williams <bill.ag4qx@...> wrote:
Karl,

Neither N1MM nor ADIF Master allow me to use DG.  In N1MM it only took RTTY.  I am still not getting it done but have a few things to try when I get time.

Bill
AG4QX

Stan
W9SMR

Karl Heinz - K5KHK

Bill Williams

I have tried DG, DIG, PSK, PK, PSK31 and RTTY.  RTTY is the only one N1MM will take.  The problem now is that changing the mode still does not show up on the CAB file.  Also you cannot edit N1MM points from 1 to 2.  I guess I will edit the CAB file directly using DIG and correct the points and not worry about making the software right.  IF they ask for the logs I will send them the three ADIF files ;-)  Next year I will read my notes and try to get the setup correct or find some unsuspecting member and ask them to handle the N1MM.  It would be easier if we had a contester who used it.

Bill
AG4QX

On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 8:26 AM Leland Sly <lee.n5sly@...> wrote:
Use DIG for the Mode.

Lee N5SLY

Karl,

Bill
AG4QX

Stan
W9SMR

Karl Heinz - K5KHK

Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK - PODXS 070 # 2645

Bill, 

that's what I did as well: I only made the changes in the Cabrillo file: My logger has the correct mode, but before I upload, I make the change in the Cabrillo file (which is a plain text file). 

Karl Heinz - K5KHK

On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 8:36 AM Bill Williams <bill.ag4qx@...> wrote:
I have tried DG, DIG, PSK, PK, PSK31 and RTTY.  RTTY is the only one N1MM will take.  The problem now is that changing the mode still does not show up on the CAB file.  Also you cannot edit N1MM points from 1 to 2.  I guess I will edit the CAB file directly using DIG and correct the points and not worry about making the software right.  IF they ask for the logs I will send them the three ADIF files ;-)  Next year I will read my notes and try to get the setup correct or find some unsuspecting member and ask them to handle the N1MM.  It would be easier if we had a contester who used it.

Bill
AG4QX

Use DIG for the Mode.

Lee N5SLY

Karl,

Bill
AG4QX

Stan
W9SMR

Karl Heinz - K5KHK

Bill Williams

What is the abbreviation used in the Cab file for digital.  Since phone is PH I am assuming it is DG.

Bill
AG4QX

On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 8:59 AM Karl Heinz Kremer - K5KHK - PODXS 070 # 2645 <khk@...> wrote:
Bill, 

that's what I did as well: I only made the changes in the Cabrillo file: My logger has the correct mode, but before I upload, I make the change in the Cabrillo file (which is a plain text file). 

Karl Heinz - K5KHK

On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 8:36 AM Bill Williams <bill.ag4qx@...> wrote:

Bill
AG4QX

Use DIG for the Mode.

Lee N5SLY

Karl,

Bill
AG4QX

Stan
W9SMR

Karl Heinz - K5KHK