Topics

DOUBLEHEADER TRIPLE PLAY LOW BAND SPRINT – Heads Up !

stan W9SMR

The Ø7Ø Club DOUBLEHEADER TRIPLE PLAY LOW BAND SPRINT is just 1 week away –

Saturday, December 12 - 0000 UTC
 Monday, December 14 - 0000 UTC

This is a 3 day event – Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings in US

Sprint Rules – Work a 6 hour block each UTC Date. For Scoring, your 6 hour block will start with the hour you select on the Scoring page and continue for the next 6 hours. You may have only one “Block” or “Block Portion” on a given UTC date.

NOTE  that any start time of 1800 or later will end at 2359 that UTC day, so those times are consolidated into a single "1800-2300" start time selection in the Contest Scorer.

Work each station once per band. (Same station, same band, different day is a dupe!)

Open to all licensed radio amateurs. Using 40M, 80M and 160M.

For Rules and detailsClick Here: Doubleheader Rules

Frequencies
: - 1.807 / 1.838 MHz (Europe). 3.580 MHz, 7.070 / 7.040 / 7.035 (Europe) MHz

4 Power Categories
:

QRP < 5 W
Low < 25 W
Medium < 50 W
High < 100 W

Exchange:
 Callsign,  RST  and  State/Province/Country (SPC)    eg: “W9SMR  599  FL”

Call: “CQ 070 Sprint”

All entry logs
 must be uploaded within 1 week after the event ends. See Uploader Link in Rules.

This event will again test your ingenuity and stealthy antenna talents. But with 3 bands to choose from, you can optimize your luck with propagation.

This event will also decide the ultimate winner of the annual RC3 (Rollo Cup Contest Championship). In a surprise spectacular showing in the Triple Header contest last month, John, KC3FL pulled ahead of Lee, N5SLY by a mere 5.91 points (904.39 / 898.48). Lee has been challenged to get that 160M antenna up and running.

And it will again be worth pursuing, in order to grab that Top Band Endorsement Sticker with 20 QSOS on 160M. Only
44 of our 2,810 members have earned the Top Band Sticker.

And 160M QSOs count as 3 points each.

Especially for help in grabbing a few 160M QSOs, it is helpful to post your intentions to QSY on the Reflector. Also, be sure to use PSKReporter and to Spot calls seen. We need all the help we can get.

This is one of our most popular contests. Last year 41 logs were submitted. Top Dawg and 1st in High Power was Lee, N5SLY, with 78 QSOs and 3210 points.

Let’s see if we can beat that turnout.

73,

Stan

W9SMR - 070  #1611