From: Richard Rohrer <kc3ef1@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Oct 20, 2021 8:13 pm
Subject: [070Club] DM53

We are currently in DM54bb only two mingrids until dm53.

Stephen Melachrinos

Sorry, didn't finish that.

My guess on the car orientation is that his antenna pattern is affected by how much of the car is between the whip antenna and the direction of the station--basically how much of a ground plane exists at that azimuth. So if (for example) the antenna is on the left rear bumper, there would be almost nothing going in my direction (ENE) from him if he was driving NW. But if the road were to turn and go NE a bit, that could add significantly to the ground plane and thus to the pattern in my way.