Topics

Dash sent when using backspace.

For those that are using FLDIGI. When I do a backspace it shows up in the transmit  test as a dash (-) . Anyone have that issue ??
Tnx

--
Dave NU4N #1657

Yes.  It has to do with either the Rx/Tx Character set or the RX/TX Font.  Go under Configure >Colors-Fonts >Rx-Tx.  Set the Character set to UTF-8.  Click on the Rx and Tx Font and use Arial Bold and see if that fixes the problem.  I think if you click on the attachment it will expand.
John
KC3FL

Hey thanks I will give it a try. 73 Dave

On 1/24/2021 3:51 PM, John - KC3FL via groups.io wrote:

Yes.  It has to do with either the Rx/Tx Character set or the RX/TX Font.  Go under Configure >Colors-Fonts >Rx-Tx.  Set the Character set to UTF-8.  Click on the Rx and Tx Font and use Arial Bold and see if that fixes the problem.  I think if you click on the attachment it will expand.
John
KC3FL

--
Dave NU4N #1657

In my wildest dreams I would have never thought of that. Unreal  I went to 30 m and purposely made test messages and did made several mistakes on typing. Not one dash showed up.

Maybe see ya on the band Monday sometime and check it out.  Thanks John Ya da man !!

On 1/24/2021 3:51 PM, John - KC3FL via groups.io wrote:

Yes.  It has to do with either the Rx/Tx Character set or the RX/TX Font.  Go under Configure >Colors-Fonts >Rx-Tx.  Set the Character set to UTF-8.  Click on the Rx and Tx Font and use Arial Bold and see if that fixes the problem.  I think if you click on the attachment it will expand.
John
KC3FL

--
Dave NU4N #1657

Dave,
Glad it worked.  The documentation for Fldigi leaves a lot to be desired and most of the goodies you have to find by accident.  Even after using Fldigi for 6 or 7 years I still find new (to me) things occasionally.  I had that problem with the backspace for several months before I accidentally fixed it.
John
KC3FL