Topics

Contest Stirckers

Have the contest stickers for 2019 been mailed out yet. Just asking.

Dave NU4N #1657

Jim K5SP

There are several stickers, etc., that remain to be mailed, and the hope is to be caught up soon.

Our volunteer that did the mailings had to retire due to health reasons, and this put the club behind in doing the mailings.

There is a dedicated group that is working diligently to keep the club intact, but it is a slow process. Putting together a team to perform the mailing duties is in progress. With over 2700 members, you can imagine what a task putting together all the endorsement and other stickers and getting them into the mail.

You would be amazed to know how much of our website is tied to hamclubs.info, and google docs.  The process to become a member involves several cgi scripts, google api's, and spreadsheets.  In early 2020, the Google is deprecating the API that is currently used to connect the website to google docs, this means that anything on our website that requires access to the data that is stored in Google docs will no longer work.  This will shut down membership application submission/processing/approving, all of the endorsement checking, all tracking of members award receipts, just about everything you can imagine involving the club.

A team of VOLUNTEERS is working to develop the software needed to divorce ourselves from using Google docs. The endorsement checker is the first of many programs to be reworked.  Our goal is go eventually get it all into a database instead of spreadsheets.  We could definitely use a database person as a member of the team.

A reminder to all:  The club members working on these issues are all volunteers.  This means that the time they have available to work on the project is constrained by the time needed for their jobs, their families, and other life issues.  Not one person in the club receives any compensation for performing their duties.  They do it for the love of the club, ham radio, PSK-31, and all the members.

73,

Jim, K5SP
Membership Director

--

[...]