Many THANKS to volunteer/volunteers who made this possible !!!!

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

David, K9DWR

* JEFF WALSH <jeffwalsh1644@att.net> [2021-01-03 00:41]:
I just uploaded my PSKFEST log and instantly got my score back.
Very impressive !!!
Many THANKS to volunteer/volunteers who made this possible !!!!
Glad you like it, Jeff. We are slowly piecing things together to have it be
more interactive again. I'm hoping that will allow people to see issues and
re-upload if they need to instead of having to wait for 10 days to start to get
results. I'll eventually get to the point where there's an aggregate page
similar to what we used to have, but this is definitely a "one step at a time"
kind of thing. It took a year to get to the point where I had re-written
scorer logic for all the contests (2020 was me writing them on the fly during
each contest). Now that I have code for all of them, I'm able to integrate it
into the upload process.

Slow and steady, something something...

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

Josef 'Jeff' Sipek

On Sat, Jan 02, 2021 at 19:07:45 -0600, David, K9DWR wrote:
[...]

Very nice!

I managed to upload my ADIF file but for one of the entries I don't have a
received RST (I didn't get one but forgot to prune the QSO from my ADIF file
prior to upload). I'm pretty sure that's an invalid QSO, but the uploader
seems happy with it - the score it calculated seems to indicate that it
considered it a valid QSO (1 point) and a valid multiplier (my only contact
today with Belgium). Just FYI.

A different Jeff.

Mike N6STA

Thank you David!
--
73 - Mike N6STA  070 #1516

David, K9DWR

On Jan 2, 2021, at 19:43, Josef 'Jeff' Sipek <jeffpc@josefsipek.net> wrote:

Very nice!

I managed to upload my ADIF file but for one of the entries I don't have a
received RST (I didn't get one but forgot to prune the QSO from my ADIF file
prior to upload). I'm pretty sure that's an invalid QSO, but the uploader
seems happy with it - the score it calculated seems to indicate that it
considered it a valid QSO (1 point) and a valid multiplier (my only contact
today with Belgium). Just FYI.
There’s really no good way to programmatically determine if a QSO is missing RST info. There are too many places people hide it in fields strewn across the record that are non-standard because of how various loggers work. I wouldn’t get too hung up on a “missing” RST for a single contact. I can make the code more stringent, but you getting one extra QSO is a small price to pay for the avalanche of other ones that wouldn’t be counted as a result.

David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF

I just uploaded as well. Very fast results and did a great job parsing out the HRD extraneous stuff. Hats off to ya, eh!

Steve
VA3FLF
2301

Josef 'Jeff' Sipek

On Sat, Jan 02, 2021 at 20:05:14 -0600, David, K9DWR wrote:

On Jan 2, 2021, at 19:43, Josef 'Jeff' Sipek <jeffpc@josefsipek.net> wrote:

Very nice!

I managed to upload my ADIF file but for one of the entries I don't have a
received RST (I didn't get one but forgot to prune the QSO from my ADIF file
prior to upload). I'm pretty sure that's an invalid QSO, but the uploader
seems happy with it - the score it calculated seems to indicate that it
considered it a valid QSO (1 point) and a valid multiplier (my only contact
today with Belgium). Just FYI.
There’s really no good way to programmatically determine if a QSO is
missing RST info.
Uh oh.

There are too many places people hide it in fields
strewn across the record that are non-standard because of how various
loggers work. I wouldn’t get too hung up on a “missing” RST for a single
contact. I can make the code more stringent, but you getting one extra
QSO is a small price to pay for the avalanche of other ones that wouldn’t
be counted as a result.
I'm totally onboard with being lenient with what is accepted, however your
"no good way" comment makes me wonder... how is the official score
determined? I hope it is automatic and not manual. If it is automatic,
couldn't the same logic be used in the uploader?

Regardless, thanks for working on this. I thought I'd point it out in case
it was an actual bug.

Jeff.

David, K9DWR

On Jan 2, 2021, at 20:36, Josef 'Jeff' Sipek <jeffpc@josefsipek.net> wrote:

There are too many places people hide it in fields
strewn across the record that are non-standard because of how various
loggers work. I wouldn’t get too hung up on a “missing” RST for a single
contact. I can make the code more stringent, but you getting one extra
QSO is a small price to pay for the avalanche of other ones that wouldn’t
be counted as a result.
I'm totally onboard with being lenient with what is accepted, however your
"no good way" comment makes me wonder... how is the official score
determined? I hope it is automatic and not manual. If it is automatic,
couldn't the same logic be used in the uploader?

Regardless, thanks for working on this. I thought I'd point it out in case
it was an actual bug.
What you are seeing is automated. The same logic used for scoring is used by the uploader. All it does is call the same program used for the scoring and displays the individual score at upload time for faster display instead of having to wait for it. Scoring is not manual; what the code reports is what gets scored. Whether the specifics are deficient or not, everyone gets the same scoring. The “spirit of the event” is to promote contacts, not get hung up on a missing RST. The _Important_ elements of the exchange (i.e., the elements that influence multiples for scores) are DXCC and State/Province.

David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

Brian D. Karcher

I just uploaded my log from the PSKFest. The upload was seamless and very easy to do. I log with HRD, all I had to do was export and ADIF, fill out the 070 club form and upload it all. Well done and thank you to whoever did the work on this.
Having never participated in this event I have no reference to compare my points with. Are the past event scores kept somewhere or can anyone tell me last years results?

73,
Brian
KG5GJT

#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

Jim K5SP

Look in the Files area of groups.io

Jim K5SP

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Brian D. Karcher

Thank you, I just found it.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Thank you for the new uploader.  Worked great. I greatly appreciate all the time you volunteers have put into making this a great club.
Looking forward to great 2021.  I missed too many 2020 contest.

Bob KK6KMU