Topics

Contest Chatter

1470

Curios which board we will use for contest chatter.
I think we should all agree to use the contest board.
cheers
Barry

Jim K5SP

Yes, the contest board should be used, that is what it was created for.  This will keep the regular 070 reflector clean and free.

Here is the link to the board.  If you are not currently subscribed, request access and I will approve.  Please include your call or member number,  so that I know you are a member.   https://groups.io/g/070ClubContests/topics

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

How do you post to the contest  board?   Couldn't find any link for new topic. Would like to post what bands I'll be working and the time.

Rick - N7WE

John-
You may not be authorized on the contest group!  If you haven't been, send Jim K5SP jinnis@... an email with your call and 070 number and he'll set you up. Then when you go to  https://groups.io/g/070ClubContests/messages on the left side you'll see the standard menu with a New Topic button. Works just like creating a new topic from the 070club.groups.io page.  I don't know if you can create a new topic by email.  Hope that helps.

Trying Jim's email again.  Jim K5SP <jinnis@...>

I will check the posting settings.  The new topic link is showing up here, but I am the owner.

For everyone:  Do not send me an email for entry.  Request admission on the board, that way I have your information when I get an email from the board to complete your request for admission...

On 5/28/2020 12:24 PM, John - KC3FL via groups.io wrote:

How do you post to the contest  board?   Couldn't find any link for new topic. Would like to post what bands I'll be working and the time.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Jim K5SP

John, I checked all the settings and they are correct.

Do you still not see the New Topic button?

Jim K5SP

On 5/28/2020 12:24 PM, John - KC3FL via groups.io wrote:

How do you post to the contest  board?   Couldn't find any link for new topic. Would like to post what bands I'll be working and the time.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

So I guess it's in the works

Jim K5SP

Just approved it

On 5/28/2020 3:16 PM, John - KC3FL via groups.io wrote:

I sent the email and replied to the email they sent me and it now says Your subscription has not yet been approved.
So I guess it's in the works

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director