Topics

Congrats to Alan - KA5VZG

Rick - N7WE

I've been following the adventures (and chats) of the group that have been pursuing the 24/7 Endorsement at all hours of the night.  This morning I see by the Progress Checker that Alan - KA4VZG is the first of the bunch to complete that crazy endorsement!  Congrats Alan!  Well done.  It is a major accomplishment and takes dedication and coffee...lots of coffee!  There are several more who are pushing to complete it.  Who will be next?
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

stan W9SMR

I can only echo Rick's praise for the thought and execution of the clever plan to beat down those lonely, missing mid-night slots. Alan was always there and Bob, KK6KMU and Bob, K4VBM were just as excited to make this work. We often saw and worked Milt, N6MG, Randy, W4RTT and Don, KC4OBB as well as a few others.

It almost worked for me. I needed 25 mid-night slots and grabbed 23 of them. I am missing only two due to careless planning on my part. Those will be easy to polish off now that I am almost there.

Thank you Alan, Bob and Bob.

Hoot, Hoot as W4RTT would say!

Stan
W9SMR

Sent: Sunday, October 25, 2020 8:11 AM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: [070Club] Congrats to Alan - KA5VZG

I've been following the adventures (and chats) of the group that have been pursuing the 24/7 Endorsement at all hours of the night. This morning I see by the Progress Checker that Alan - KA4VZG is the first of the bunch to complete that crazy endorsement! Congrats Alan! Well done. It is a major accomplishment and takes dedication and coffee...lots of coffee! There are several more who are pushing to complete it. Who will be next?
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

Alan - KA5VZG

Only happened because Stan, W9SMR/9, persisted that I re-advertise and try again after a terrible start on Oct. 1.
Special thanks also to CA/Bob, KK6KMU for guarding and coordinating the west, "[perfect attendance", and especially for setting up the 24/7 endorsement Chat on this page. That Chat made life super easy.
Also a main driver in the east, GA/Bob, K4VBM, early, persistent, all over the bands, and lots of "Chat".  Of course, thanks to all who participated, who made those dark hours quite a bit brighter.
I was lucky, but quite a few are very close.  If you're pretty close, use this page, set up another "adventure". 
73, Alan, KA5VZG
070# 1509  LONP# 213

Dan Morris - KZ3T

How do I get to the chat page?

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065

I live to live for Him!

On Oct 25, 2020, at 8:51 AM, Alan - KA5VZG <ka5vzg@...> wrote:

Only happened because Stan, W9SMR/9, persisted that I re-advertise and try again after a terrible start on Oct. 1.
Special thanks also to CA/Bob, KK6KMU for guarding and coordinating the west, "[perfect attendance", and especially for setting up the 24/7 endorsement Chat on this page. That Chat made life super easy.
Also a main driver in the east, GA/Bob, K4VBM, early, persistent, all over the bands, and lots of "Chat".  Of course, thanks to all who participated, who made those dark hours quite a bit brighter.
I was lucky, but quite a few are very close.  If you're pretty close, use this page, set up another "adventure". 
73, Alan, KA5VZG
070# 1509  LONP# 213