Congrats - PODXS 070 Endorsements – February 2021

stan W9SMR

As propagation conditions have improved, we are showing some good gains in member Endorsements. Our regular contests have helped also.

A major achievement was made by Steve, W3HF as he logged 1,708 member QSOs. Both he and Delos, NO8R, have worked more than half our 2,825 members!

The LONP 1,000 Level:

In spite of his arduous focus to wrestle the 070 Endorsement checker back into working order, Jim, K5SP has found time to surpassed the LONP 750 level. Another member recently doing the same was Leslie, WA4EEZ.

Recently achieving the 500 Level Honor Roll were: Don, KC4OBB; Ray, N0NM and John, KC3FL.

We also have an excited pack of LONP Seekers in hot pursuit of this traditional first rights award. If you see them, give them a call and spot them on PSKReporter and our reflector:

366 – The 366 Award requires a QSO on each of the calendar days of the year, a large
B-I-C commitment. Only 52 members have earned this.

365/366 – Needing only one date are:

#292   M5PLY   (2/29)

#1699   SA7BXU   (10/30)

#1769   R6KEE   (12/15)

360/366 – Needing from 2 to 5 dates:

070#

CALL

DATES NEEDED

KC4TIE

5/15, 6/2, 7/3, 9/12

WA7HDZ

8/7, 8/16, 8/19

KB3RAN

* 6/3, 6/25, 6/26, 8/23

* Dave, KB3RAN, 070 APE Coordinator, uploaded today logging the 2/15 needed date, Congrats to all who devote the time and effort to accomplish this feat!

With the endorsement software not working properly, a lot of manual intervention has been required. Our Executive Director, Jim, K5SP, with assistance from David, K9DWR, and Milt, N6MG have been manually updating the LONP data.

IMPORTANT NOTICE!!

For you newer members that have a membership number 2787 and up,
o get ANY LONP credits, follow these Instructions!

Congratulations to all for your diligent pursuit of these cherished Awards!!

73,
Stan
W9SMR - 070  #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director

w2eck

Stan - thanks for the update and for all the effort you guys are doing to mash all this data. Maybe the answers to a few followup question have been put out, but if so  I missed it.
- how do we know the last QSO date this current status reflects?
- and then moving forward from that point, how should new log inputs be submitted to receive additional credit ?
- do we still use the Log checker?

73 & tnx
Paul
w2eck

Jerry N9AVY

Apparently, what Stan doesn't know is that N9AVY keeps track of all those endorsements inspite of constantly changing of dates on the scorer.  That is why I have hard copy records of all endorsements since 2020 when the checker went SNAFU.  This is very frustrating at times when the same endorsement are listed over and over with different dates.  I have been tempted a couple time to just hang it all up, but yet I continue. I'm in the back ground so very few realize the work I do.  Like checking AK/HI awards to see if those stations are where they are supposed to be; many are not because the ops have moved back stateside for various reasons.  AH6FF finally changed his call to KB4HL after being here is lower 48 since before 2010 (just one example). There are many others who have chosen to keep their original calls which were assigned while stationed with military.

I look forward to the day when the checker stops running amok and behaves as it should. My job was way easier back then.  Just thought I'd give myself some credit because Stan didn't in his last email to group.

Jerry  N9AVY

On Sunday, February 21, 2021, 08:34:31 AM CST, w2eck <eckerpw@...> wrote:

Stan - thanks for the update and for all the effort you guys are doing to mash all this data. Maybe the answers to a few followup question have been put out, but if so  I missed it.
- how do we know the last QSO date this current status reflects?
- and then moving forward from that point, how should new log inputs be submitted to receive additional credit ?
- do we still use the Log checker?

73 & tnx
Paul
w2eck

Barry VA7GEM

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 09:16 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

Apparently, what Stan doesn't know is that N9AVY keeps track of all those endorsements inspite of constantly changing of dates on the scorer.
Wow
I didn't realize the effort you were putting in Jerry.
TVM for all you do.
No wonder you retired - needed more time to look after us.
cheers
Barry

Jerry N9AVY

Thanks Barry !!!

On Sunday, February 21, 2021, 06:22:28 PM CST, Barry VA7GEM via groups.io <boat.anchor@...> wrote:

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 09:16 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

Apparently, what Stan doesn't know is that N9AVY keeps track of all those endorsements inspite of constantly changing of dates on the scorer.
Wow
I didn't realize the effort you were putting in Jerry.
TVM for all you do.
No wonder you retired - needed more time to look after us.
cheers
Barry

David, K9DWR

* Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@sbcglobal.net> [2021-02-21 17:16]:
[...]
You are a real trooper, Jerry. Thank you for everything you are doing to help
keep the endorsements afloat.

On Sunday, February 21, 2021, 08:34:31 AM CST, w2eck <eckerpw@gmail.com> wrote:

- do we still use the Log checker?
Paul,

Most of the checker still "works" for getting the basic numbers and the raw
data; the main parts that are broken is a lot of the box-checking for "new"
endorsements (this is the source of a lot of Jerry's extra work because it
keeps prompting), and the LONP calculations.

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

w2eck

David - thanks for the helpful info. So one followup question. I am still not clear about trying to get credit for >2786 qsos. How can I find out when #2786 was issued? That would help in going into the my log and looking for these numbers to submit a text file for possible credit.

73 Paul w2eck

David, K9DWR

* w2eck <eckerpw@gmail.com> [2021-02-23 07:04]:
#2786 was issued? That would help in going into the my log and looking for
these numbers to submit a text file for possible credit.
Paul,

to include the start date of the calls.

2786 was assigned 2020-07-08

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

w2eck

David- great, thank you so much, I think that should be a big help.

73 Paul w2eck

Paul, thanks for your patience and I apologize for not replying sooner.
The date for 070-2786 is 2020-07-08, (WA8UMT).
For a full list please go to:  Member Files (podxs070.com)
In the case of some kind of a major catastrophe, there are several members that maintain their own list.
Of note, should you care to keep up with these things, be sure you use the "Membership Date" as the date listed on this spreadsheet, NOT the date of the email announcing the new member.
The info I need to check/validate your >2786 contacts is:

DATE:     TIME:     CALL:     BAND:     MODE:     070 #:

We're really trying to make this as easy as we can. Submit your log to the awards checker. Your earned awards will be picked up by Jerry, including your LONP credits up to 070-2786.
Then, in the above format, submit to me all of your 070 members worked with a date LATER than 2020-07-08.
Of course, those membership numbers will be 070-2786 and higher.
I hope this answers your question. More questions? Bring 'em!
N6MG, 070-650, LONP #76
n6mg [@] verizon.net

David - thanks for the helpful info. So one followup question. I am still not clear about trying to get credit for >2786 qsos. How can I find out when #2786 was issued? That would help in going into the my log and looking for these numbers to submit a text file for possible credit.

73 Paul w2eck

Loren McCullough - WA3WZR

IOTA endorsements approved for February 2021

ON4VT IOTA [50]
ON4VT IOTA [60]
ON4VT IOTA [70]
KD2QAK IOTA [10]
W0GLB IOTA [30]
W0GLB IOTA [40]

73, Loren WA3WZR

Jim K5SP

Thanks Loren, all entered into records.

On 2/28/2021 8:49 AM, Loren McCullough - WA3WZR wrote:
IOTA endorsements approved for February 2021

ON4VT IOTA [50]
ON4VT IOTA [60]
ON4VT IOTA [70]
KD2QAK IOTA [10]
W0GLB IOTA [30]
W0GLB IOTA [40]

73, Loren WA3WZR

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Jim:

Entered to spreadsheet here also.

Saw ON4VT on 20m PSK yesterday but he went QRT before I could call him. He would have been a new LONP for me.  Missed lots of members that way over the years.

Felt good enough to drive to a friends QTH (about a 50 miles round trip) to pick up the remote antenna switch (same as mine here), but he only had the outdoor unit which is what I needed. Found one on Ebay for $279 or so, but that's more than I need.  Anyhow, it's in bad shape (missing screws, armature on one relay, Chassis has a slight bend, BUT it was Free !  Most of it can be repaired, I hope...RCS-8V.  Now the fun begins !

Jerry  n9avy