From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
To: main@070club.groups.io <main@070club.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Jun 6, 2021 8:14 pm
Subject: [070Club] Computer crash

Did some trouble shooting after removing 3 radios, a speaker, and several binders from top shelf so I could trace out cables.  Lot of work... that's the cabinet pictured on my QRZ page although it has changed some.

Anyhoo  after all that I finally traced it down to a defective keyboard 3 ft. extender cable for USB cable. Old one is in the garbage.  Did some Q's on 15m and all is now  good.  There is joy in Mudville !!!

Jerry  N9AVY  #454

Roger Boehnlein

Computers

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Did some trouble shooting after removing 3 radios, a speaker, and several binders from top shelf so I could trace out cables.  Lot of work... that's the cabinet pictured on my QRZ page although it has changed some.

Anyhoo  after all that I finally traced it down to a defective keyboard 3 ft. extender cable for USB cable. Old one is in the garbage.  Did some Q's on 15m and all is now  good.  There is joy in Mudville !!!

Jerry  N9AVY  #454

Jerry N9AVY

Shoulda guessed there was something wrong when I got 20 cables for $6 on Ebay !  Hi !  Hi !

Jerry

On Sunday, June 6, 2021, 03:26:37 PM CDT, Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io <melachri@...> wrote:

Yay!

Good to have you back.

Did some trouble shooting after removing 3 radios, a speaker, and several binders from top shelf so I could trace out cables.  Lot of work... that's the cabinet pictured on my QRZ page although it has changed some.

Anyhoo  after all that I finally traced it down to a defective keyboard 3 ft. extender cable for USB cable. Old one is in the garbage.  Did some Q's on 15m and all is now  good.  There is joy in Mudville !!!

Jerry  N9AVY  #454

Barry VA7GEM

On Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 02:04 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

Shoulda guessed there was something wrong when I got 20 cables for $6 on Ebay !  Hi !  Hi !

Jerry

Jerry
Sounds like you got a great buy. Thow the connectors away and use the cable for other purposes.
cheers