Topics

Christmas Run 2020 Announcement

stan W9SMR

In some of the past years, we've offered the Christmas Run endorsement/sticker for making 25 QSOs on Christmas Day (UTC). This Endorsement has not been offered for several years. So this year because of COVID-19 and possibly fewer family gatherings, it seemed appropriate to Steve, W3HF to again offer this challenge to Members only.

- Make 25 PSK31 QSOs on 25 December 2020 (0000z to 2359z) on any HF band (160m through 6m) to claim the "2020 Christmas Run" version.

- Make one QSO per station per band. That means the same station on another band is a second QSO, but a second QSO on the same band is a dupe.

- No required exchange, though perhaps Christmas greetings would be appropriate.

Since we are having so many issues with our Endorsement Checker software, Steve has offered to manually check your submitted log and issue the award.

- To enable manual review, please

     - Extract only PSK31 QSOs from 25 December 2020

     - Extract only the date/time/callsign/frequency/mode fields

     - Export to a text file (.txt or .prn) or a .csv. (Definitely not an ADIF)

     - Submissions that don't follow these instructions may be rejected

Save your log file to a convenient folder and include your CALL in the file name.

Then - Send your log extract to w3hf@... by 1 January 2021.

DO NOT submit your log to the Endorsement Checker

- To help others, we encourage members to share (on the email reflector) the steps for how to accomplish a log extract like this for various logging programs.

The steps I followed for this in fldigi are below.

Wishing you good luck and a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

73,

 Stan

W9SMR - 070  #1611

PODXS 070 - PR Director

File Export process in fldigi:

Under LOGBOOK

Click REPORTS

Click CSV (or TXT)

Set START DATE and STOP DATE to 12/25/20

Check SELECT BY DATE

Under SELECT FIELDS TO EXPORT,

   Check: DATE, TIME ON, CALL, BAND, MODE

Save including your call in file name

Email to W3HF@...

Result of this process for W9SMR as CSV:

DATE_ON

ON

CALL

BAND

MODE

WB8TDG

80m

PSK31

WB8TDG

40m

PSK31

NI8Z

80m

PSK31

KM4UDX

80m

PSK31

JORDI TARRIDA

And 2019 Christmas Run ??

image.png

73 de Jordi.
EB3JT

Missatge de stan W9SMR <robinstan@...> del dia dl., 21 de des. 2020 a les 18:10:

[...]

Jim K5SP

We did not have one in 2019, the scorer software was (and still is) not working.

A decision was made to hold off until scorers fixed. However a volunteer stepped up and will hands-free the 2020 Christmas Run.

Executive Director

And 2019 Christmas Run ??

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

That's a lot of Q's!
A real challenge for sure, and I'll be there. A great chance to p/u new members for LONP.
Jim, thanks to our club mgmt. and whoever is doing the logs by hand.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

[...]

25 not a lot over 24 hours.

And a Bravo Zulu to Steve, W3HF for hand scoring the entries.