Chimp Chase report from N6MG

Hi Stan, 
And it's good to see the efforts of our members to participate whether it be in the shack or picnic
bench or even as a SOTA/POTA activator.
For me, I did it totally from my shack in my new Lazy Boy overstuffed leather desk chair (with an ottoman attached), 
and with my YL keeping my Yeti full of Arizona iced tea. Thank you, Sandy!
I made a total of 20 contacts spread out on 10m, 12m, 17m, 20m, 30m & 40m. And, as a bonus, I picked
up 3 new LONP numbers! 
Because of that, and getting to chat with 070 friends, I rate the weekend as a great success.
That's it from me.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

-----Original Message-----
To: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Wed, May 18, 2022 7:31 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] Chimp Chase report from this weekend

Jonathan,

Congrats on showing that perseverance to conquer the propagation.

Your Chimp Chase Atta-Boy will be coming soon.

Stan
W9SMR

Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2022 8:52 AM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: [070Club] Chimp Chase report from this weekend

Here's my Chimp Chase report for this weekend.

Saturday I got my gear together and set up on a hill a little way from my house. I started with a 20m vertical and got one strong report from Texas. After that the band just seemed to die. I put up my linked dipole and nothing changed. So after listening to noise and calling cq for several hours in the growing heat of the day I packed up and went back home at about 2pm. I listened from the shack off and on and never really heard anything.
Sunday I wasn't really planning on doing anything since the bands were so bad the day before. However I turned on my rig in the shack and there were some strong tracks on the waterfall! So this time I hauled everything to the back yard, under a nice large shade tree. I put up the linked dipole and my first contact was on 17m. I had to switch to my ft-891 for more power, and so I did eventually make 5 contacts.

Here's a picture from sunday.

stan W9SMR

Milt,

You did a great job cheerleading the Daze #6 Event. Thank you.

You certainly have one WARC-CRAWL Atta-Boy coming. You could have had the Chimp Chase Atta-Boy, also if you and Sandy had simply dragged that new Lazy Boy overstuffed leather desk chair (with an ottoman attached) out onto the porch and tossed a wire into a tree.

Congrats anyway!

Stan
W9SMR
PR Guy

Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2022 1:05 PM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: [070Club] Chimp Chase report from N6MG

Hi Stan,
And it's good to see the efforts of our members to participate whether it be in the shack or picnic
bench or even as a SOTA/POTA activator.
For me, I did it totally from my shack in my new Lazy Boy overstuffed leather desk chair (with an ottoman attached),
and with my YL keeping my Yeti full of Arizona iced tea. Thank you, Sandy!
I made a total of 20 contacts spread out on 10m, 12m, 17m, 20m, 30m & 40m. And, as a bonus, I picked
up 3 new LONP numbers!
Because of that, and getting to chat with 070 friends, I rate the weekend as a great success.
That's it from me.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

-----Original Message-----
To: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Wed, May 18, 2022 7:31 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] Chimp Chase report from this weekend

Jonathan,

Congrats on showing that perseverance to conquer the propagation.

Your Chimp Chase Atta-Boy will be coming soon.

Stan
W9SMR

Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2022 8:52 AM
To: main@070Club.groups.io<mailto:main@070Club.groups.io>
Subject: [070Club] Chimp Chase report from this weekend

Here's my Chimp Chase report for this weekend.

Saturday I got my gear together and set up on a hill a little way from my house. I started with a 20m vertical and got one strong report from Texas. After that the band just seemed to die. I put up my linked dipole and nothing changed. So after listening to noise and calling cq for several hours in the growing heat of the day I packed up and went back home at about 2pm. I listened from the shack off and on and never really heard anything.
Sunday I wasn't really planning on doing anything since the bands were so bad the day before. However I turned on my rig in the shack and there were some strong tracks on the waterfall! So this time I hauled everything to the back yard, under a nice large shade tree. I put up the linked dipole and my first contact was on 17m. I had to switch to my ft-891 for more power, and so I did eventually make 5 contacts.

Here's a picture from sunday.