Chimp Chase - N7WE/P

Rick - N7WE

I'm planning to be on this evening as N7WE/P - portable from my driveway.  Antenna will be a HamStick on a magmount on the roof of my CRV.  Rig will be the K3 powered by Bioenno BLF-1212A battery.  Operator all folded up in the back seat!  Will start at about 0000 UTC on 20m and if it has closed will move to 40m.  Will post here if and when I move.  Probably only on for an hour or so tonight.  Hope to do more Saturday afternoon EDT.  I'm a Chimp... come chase me!

Managed to get an EFHW up in the backyard - only 15 feet high.  But it is working somewhat.  Made 3 contacts so far.  I'm on 20m 14.070 - 14.071 to get away from the PSK63 on the EU DX contest.  Hope to work you!  Go Daze!  Go Chimp Chase!

18:15 UTC and going QRT for a bite of lunch and a break.  Hope to be back later.  Thanks to those who've worked me!

Back on 20m at 19:45 UTC.  Not seeing anything execept PSK63.  But I'll keep looking and calling.

Paula K7PAX #1739

Rick, I’ll turn the hexbeam your way a little . . .

Paula K7PAX

On May 22, 2021, at 12:49 PM, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Back on 20m at 19:45 UTC.  Not seeing anything execept PSK63.  But I'll keep looking and calling.

Paula K7PAX #1739

Rick - N7WE

Not seeing you Paula.  But then my EFHW is might low - almost as deaf as I am - hi hi.

Paula K7PAX #1739

Well I just got N5SLY for contact #4 in five and a half hours - hard won. But spread out - Florida, Alaska, California, Texas, and while I was writing this, Tennessee. So I finally got my minimum of 5!

Paula K7PAX

On May 22, 2021, at 1:05 PM, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Not seeing you Paula.  But then my EFHW is might low - almost as deaf as I am - hi hi.

Paula K7PAX #1739

Rick - N7WE

QRT.  Sun is beating in on the lania so I'm out of here.  May be back this evening to try 40m.  Maybe not.  Good luck and fun to all.  (Congrats on making CHIMP Paula!)

Rick, et al...
Wouldn't it be nice to understand everything you know about something? Or even to ask an intelligent question about it?
What is your EFHW? I know what an "End Fed Half Wave" is, but there's 100 different kinds.
What's your configuration?
I've got a Chameleon EMCOMM III, brand new, in the box that I want to deploy as one of our club's Field Day effort antenna's. I want to deploy the balun at the top of a flagpole, on a pully, with the long element going "Flat" to a nearby tree, (83' of wire), and the ground lug coming straight down to a ground rod.
When you get a chance...
Milt.
N6MG