CHIMP CHASE MAY 2021

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

'Couraging Hams Into More Portable ops.   Cause Hams Are Seeking Expeditions.

I'll be heading down the Skyline Drive in VA and working my way to the Blue Ridge Parkway from May 13 through 25th in my Roadtrek campervan.  If things work out right, I'll be stopping in the afternoons and setting up my station and trying to get a few contacts most days on 20 and 40 meters.  I don't have an itinerary just a loose plan to head south and enjoy the mountain air.  I'll be going off the parkways to find music venues.  Also plan to play my autoharp around the campfire most nights.  Look for me and give me a shout.  I'll try to find a nice place for the Endorsement Daze weekend and stay on the air longer then.  Hope to hear from you on the waterfall.

And now is the time to submit plans for your 2021 APE.  My plan is to operate from Maine.  Plans are not firm yet as to the location.
--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381
APE Event Manager

Jerry N9AVY

Dave:

You play autoharp - cool !    Have a cousin who used to play autoharp (maybe still does).  Remember her trying to find picks for it... she even tried a toasted cheese sandwich, Emoji

Will watch for you when you're "on the road again".

Jerry n9avy

On Friday, May 7, 2021, 11:23:55 AM CDT, DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381 via groups.io <davehardy0101@...> wrote:

[...]

Rick - N7WE

Awesome Dave!  Great that you will be getting out and on the air.  Blue Ridge Parkway is a beautiful drive!  Enjoy and I will be watching for you.

As for going APE in Maine, I need 4 grids to complete the state.  FN45, FN55, FN56, and FN 65.  If you hit any of those grids, you will be the Main Maine Man in my book!

Safe travels and 73,

Rick:

Finished up Maine last year, but WI, AR, MO and WA al need just one to finish up (EN65, EM33 and CN98 !).    Leaves me with a couple states where 2 or 3 are needed, but the lousy conditions and the fact that so many have abandoned PSK in favor of FT modes leaves a lot of gaps.  Guess I can just cry in my beer, hi !

Jerry  n9avy  #454

On Friday, May 7, 2021, 11:51:35 AM CDT, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Awesome Dave!  Great that you will be getting out and on the air.  Blue Ridge Parkway is a beautiful drive!  Enjoy and I will be watching for you.

As for going APE in Maine, I need 4 grids to complete the state.  FN45, FN55, FN56, and FN 65.  If you hit any of those grids, you will be the Main Maine Man in my book!

Safe travels and 73,

Fr Richard R

Great job Jerry.......

Fr Richard
WB8YXF
2328

On Friday, May 7, 2021, 12:57:56 PM EDT, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Rick:

Finished up Maine last year, but WI, AR, MO and WA al need just one to finish up (EN65, EM33 and CN98 !).    Leaves me with a couple states where 2 or 3 are needed, but the lousy conditions and the fact that so many have abandoned PSK in favor of FT modes leaves a lot of gaps.  Guess I can just cry in my beer, hi !

Jerry  n9avy  #454

On Friday, May 7, 2021, 11:51:35 AM CDT, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Awesome Dave!  Great that you will be getting out and on the air.  Blue Ridge Parkway is a beautiful drive!  Enjoy and I will be watching for you.

As for going APE in Maine, I need 4 grids to complete the state.  FN45, FN55, FN56, and FN 65.  If you hit any of those grids, you will be the Main Maine Man in my book!

Safe travels and 73,

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

I'll be in FN 55 and FN65 and maybe FN55 but probably not FN45 on this trip.  But I have the grids marked in my atlas now and you never know how trips go.  I'll sure consider these areas while travelling and include them if I can.  I like a little adventure and off beaten travel.  Not off road, though. The camper van really likes improved roads. Complains on gravel and dirt.

--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381

Scotty W7PSK

See if we can figure a way to get you CN98 Jerry, Its not too far from me.

Scotty W7PSK

CN87vw

On 5/7/2021 09:57, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
Rick:

Finished up Maine last year, but WI, AR, MO and WA al need just one to finish up (EN65, EM33 and CN98 !).    Leaves me with a couple states where 2 or 3 are needed, but the lousy conditions and the fact that so many have abandoned PSK in favor of FT modes leaves a lot of gaps.  Guess I can just cry in my beer, hi !

Jerry  n9avy  #454

On Friday, May 7, 2021, 11:51:35 AM CDT, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Awesome Dave!  Great that you will be getting out and on the air.  Blue Ridge Parkway is a beautiful drive!  Enjoy and I will be watching for you.

As for going APE in Maine, I need 4 grids to complete the state.  FN45, FN55, FN56, and FN 65.  If you hit any of those grids, you will be the Main Maine Man in my book!

Safe travels and 73,

Scotty W7PSK
Everett, Washington
070 #138

Jerry N9AVY

Scotty:

It wopuld be great to finish grids in Warshington (remember KB7ARN ?)  !   Let me know if and when ...

TIA !

Jerry  N9AVY

On Friday, May 7, 2021, 12:57:57 PM CDT, Scotty W7PSK <w7psk@...> wrote:

[...]

Stephen Melachrinos