From: Darin - NY7H <darin.crowley@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Fri, May 13, 2022 11:39 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] Who’ll let the Chimps out?

Sitrep #3: Daze #6 Chimp Operating Location Yuma AZ
Time: 1100L Temp 90 Clear skies

Equipment:
ICOM IC-7100
MFJ-929 Tuner
Super Antenna
Power Radio: 2 x 12v 23Ah Dakota Lithiums (Parallel)

Final preparations complete.
- Commercial power for computer/station backup .. Check
- Antenna installation complete .. Check
- Station setup complete .. Check
- Station battery power check .. Check
- 2000W inverter connected to batteries with jumper cables ..Check

It's getting a little warm up there on the roof.  It's going to be interesting operating so close to the solar farm.  The table is providing some good shade so I put the equipment under there.  I didn't want to haul it down and back up later this evening.  I'll check on it in a little while.  Just the short time to power on and take those pictures the sun heated up the equipment so it was hot to the touch.
I was typing this and thought, "why not try to power computer from the batteries too."  Just came down from upstairs testing inverter connected to batteries using jumper cables.  It powered on.  Hmmmm this might actually work.

That's all for now from Daze #6 Chimp Operating Location Yuma AZ.  Chimp out.

73
Darin
NY7h
Attachments:

Darin - NY7H

Thanks, look forward to getting you logged.    Let's go West Coast!

73
Darin
NY7H

On Fri, May 13, 2022, 12:34 PM N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Darin...
You're a total model of preparation!
I'll see you this evening for sure, as well as a lot of other folks, I hope!
SFI is currently at: 133
A index is at: 8
K index is at: 1
All things considered, pretty good, and it's been kinda stable for the past few days.
This is everybody's chance to make contacts on the WARC '79 bands!
Laissez le bon temps rouler!
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

[...]

Buz Johnson

Milt,

I’m Chimping on my screen porch, but not hearing anything on 17m or 12m?  You guys up yet?

Buz, WA5AMM

Lee McDaniel WB4QOJ

Ok where is everyone...WARC CRAWL I am listening..

Lee WB4QOJ
EM73nu

On Sat, May 14, 2022, 1:30 PM Buz Johnson <wa5amm.sc.usa@...> wrote:
Milt,

I’m Chimping on my screen porch, but not hearing anything on 17m or 12m?  You guys up yet?

Buz, WA5AMM

Rick - N7WE

Don't know what happened, but at this QTH propagation tanked about 1600 UTC!  Reported MUF dropped to 17.74 - that is below 17m.  And estimated OFW (Optimum Working Frequency - defined as 90% probability of reliable comm) is declining and currently hovering right above 20m.  The K Index went from 1 to 3 and will probably be 4 in the next reporting period. Something is definitely playing havoc with the ionosphere today!