Topics

Can someone help?

Rick - N7WE

I've been emailing with our newest member N8EUI - Tom.  He just said: "To get started, I use N3FJP to log my general and state QSO party contests. However, N3FJP does not contain the 070 Club contests in its logging database. Also, I use FLDigi for my PSK31 operation. Can you offer me a solution to operating the 070 contests using N3FJP and FLDigi?"

Since I don't know anything about either of those programs, can someone help him out?  Please respond to him direct at tschmidt50@... as I'm not sure his is up on the group as yet.  Many thanks.

I also use Scotts ACLog for logging.  I use MixW for PSK, when done I just export the QSO's into adif format from MixW, and then Import into ACLog.   I don't use fldigi, but am assuming you can export contacts from its log into adif and import to AcLog.

Extra step, wish that there was an API to interface AcLog with MixW.

On 7/1/2020 11:11 AM, Rick - N7WE wrote:
I've been emailing with our newest member N8EUI - Tom.  He just said: "To get started, I use N3FJP to log my general and state QSO party contests. However, N3FJP does not contain the 070 Club contests in its logging database. Also, I use FLDigi for my PSK31 operation. Can you offer me a solution to operating the 070 contests using N3FJP and FLDigi?"

Since I don't know anything about either of those programs, can someone help him out?  Please respond to him direct at tschmidt50@... as I'm not sure his is up on the group as yet.  Many thanks.

Jim,  K5SP #483

Ray Clements

As long as as you logging program can export adif, you can import it into ACLog.

I like using HRD/DM780 for my digital contacts as it logs automatically and uploads to several sites eQSL, HRD log. However, I like some of the features of ACLog, so I export my digital contacts from HRD and import them into ACLog. I then upload from ACLog to LoTW and confirm contacts from eQSL.

I know this is a PSK club and many folks do not like the JT/FT modes, but for those that do, HRD interfaces quite nicely with WSJT-X both for control of the radio and logging of contacts. Thus, I find the combination of WSJT-X, HRD/DM780 and and ACLog to be very effective. for all modes.

Ray N9RWC

[...]

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

If you are using Windows 7 there is a software bridge between FLDIGI and DXLabs Suite.  Its called Fldigi-DXLabs Gateway by N2AMG.  I used it for almost three years and it was very stable.  Problem is the it needs to be rewritten for Windows 10.  N2AMG says he is trying to set aside some time for the rewrite.  I just got a new computer and am using Windows 10.  Some had claimed they could get it working but I didn't even try.  A little difficult to configure.  I like the DXLabs suite so I'm importing adi files from FLDIGI to DX Keeper.  Not very convenient

Bob KK6KMU.

Loren McCullough - WA3WZR

I log everything manually using ACLog myself for my main log and all 070 contests, using QRZ lookup to fill in what it can.  I have one of the comment fields setup as "SRX" and have it on the main input form, to put in anything not captured in any other field, such as 070 member number.  SRX is used by the contest software for those extra pieces of info.  At the end of the contest, I simply extract the appropriate contacts for upload to the contest checker.

Hope that helps.
73, Lore WA3WZR

Richard Rohrer

For normal operation I just have Fldigi open ACL when I start Fldigi and have it automatically connect to ACL so when I log in Fligi it automatically sends the data to ACL.  Since Fldigi normally does not send the sent or received strings to ACL,  here is how I configure for an 070 contest. I setup a new log in Fldigi for the contest and select generic contest in Fldigi.  I don't connect to my ACL log.  This allows me to see duplicates and setup my exchanges.  I have setup two fields in the in the Other Titles that are SRX_STRING and STX_STRNG, which are the sent and received strings that Fldigi will export.  I participate in the contest and when done export for Fldigi to ACL and I also merge the contest contacts into my main Fldigi log.  Depending on what needs to be sent from the contest log I either copy from ACL to Excel and manipulate the log into the format I want or use one of the programs that allow you to manipulate an adif file.  Looks a little complicated, but it works for me.
If you have more questions send me an email off list at kc3ef at arrl dot net Tom and I will send you screen shots of my setup.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Jon, K4KLB <k4klb@...>

N1MM (Free) is a quite popular software used by serious contestors and DOES have several 070 contest log setups integrated into it. There is good documentation on how to set it up. I personally use N1MM for contests and Log4OM (Free) for my day to day log. But I also have the two setup so that what I log in N1MM also forwards an ADIF message to Log4OM and is logged there as well. This config is well documented in Log4OM's manual. So for those looking for 070 log integration may want to read here:
https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-supported/contests-setup/setup-udc-contests/