Buddipole Antenna

Anybody with experience with the Buddipole antenna?
Such as Field Day?, etc.
How high?
Hassle factor in changing bands?
100 watts? "Duty cycle"?
Experiences? Hints & Kinks?
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

Chuck M

I've used its little sibling, the buddiestick, with mixed results.  And running around 10 watts.

Chuck
KD9DVB

On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 1:07 PM, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io
<n6mg@...> wrote:
Anybody with experience with the Buddipole antenna?
Such as Field Day?, etc.
How high?
Hassle factor in changing bands?
100 watts? "Duty cycle"?
Experiences? Hints & Kinks?
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

It's really nice if you have an antenna analyzer to check swr.  You can listen to strongest signal by moving the tap along the coil but that's not always the best swr match.  Be sure to have the cheat sheet for setting up the arms, extensions and taps. I run psk ops at 25-50 watts mostly.  Be sure to fasten the tripod to the ground with a ground screw, weight or something to keep it from falling over. Look for the NVIS set up; that works pretty well, too.
--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381

Dave,
THANK YOU!
This is exactly the "Hints & Kinks" I'm seeking.
Don, W6ZZW, a member of my V.A. ham club, just got one, and I'm urging him to bring it to a local park so we can spend a day with my analyzer prior to FD.
Are you doing FD this year?
Milt.
N6MG

It's really nice if you have an antenna analyzer to check swr.  You can listen to strongest signal by moving the tap along the coil but that's not always the best swr match.  Be sure to have the cheat sheet for setting up the arms, extensions and taps. I run psk ops at 25-50 watts mostly.  Be sure to fasten the tripod to the ground with a ground screw, weight or something to keep it from falling over. Look for the NVIS set up; that works pretty well, too.
--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

Yes, I'll be doing Field Day. And I think I will do part of the time on my BuddiPole.  I usually get some wire in the air from trees and/or masts and will do that also.  I do PSK ops for Field Day.  Look for K3CAL club callsign on 20 and 40.
--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381