Topics

Brief APE Report

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

Got home yesterday afternoon from my APE and getting things unpacked and cleaned up.  It was a successful mission with some lessons learned.  My final count of contacts was 40 contacts with 12 states, 3 provinces and one forieign country.  I logged contacts from AR (1), FL (12), GA (2), IL (1), IN (2), LA (2), MI (4), NC (1), OK (1), TN (2), TX (3), and WA (1).  Canadian provinces: NB (1), ON (4), QC (2).  Venezuela was my foreign contact.  All of the contacts except for 2 were on 20 meters.  Thanks Stan W9SMR
--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

I wasn't done but it decided to send anyways.  Thanks Stan for the two band contacts.  And thanks for those who contacted me more than once and spotted me and emailed to the group to keep contacts coming.  I'll write my official report soon and describe some of the challenges I had and of some victories and and things to work on for future expeditions.  It was a great experience.  The campsite(s) were great with a view and open ground to erect antennae.  The weather, though not perfect, was nice enough to stay outside most of the time and enjoy the mountain breezes.  I'll put up a few pictures on the webpage with my official report.  So, I'm back home.  No storm damage from Isisias which took down a lot of trees and powerlines in my community.  It was a good time to be in the mountains.  Looking forward to next year's hopefully in Newfoundland.  Hope others will get out there and try their own APE.  There's another coming up soon.  Stay tuned for it.

Just did a recount: I had 3 40 meter contacts.
--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381
PODXS070 APE Event Manager

Rick - N7WE

THANK YOU DAVE!  It was great to chase and capture my first APE of the season.  And thanks for posting your report.  I really look forward to your "lessons learned" posting and what a great service to other club members who may be contemplating an APE or a /P or an /M getaway.