Topics

Bonus Station Volunteers Needed for TDW - MDT Time Zone missing

stan robinson

We have received several Bonus Station volunteer offers, but most are in the Eastern Time Zone. We really need a better distribution, especially a Mountain Time Zone volunteer or two.

If you are considering doing this and really want to grab the excitement of the pile-up and all the Endorsement benefits, please send me an email and let me toss your hat into the ring!

Email: robinstan@...

Thanks,
Stan
W9SMR - 070 #1611
PODXS 070 PR Director

Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 6:38 PM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: [070Club] Bonus Station Volunteers Needed for TDW

The Three Day Weekend 070 Contest is coming up in two weeks, on May 29.

As you are no doubt aware, this contest uses Bonus Stations to allow score building by chasing specific stations. See the rules here: TDW Rules<https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.podxs070.com%2Fo7o-club-sponsored-contests%2Fthree-day-weekend&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cc0d30e78b2334caaed8208d7f5fc01ac%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637248335008286170&sdata=uEK71mL1hYVa0Cd3kDtwQXalQ3i7MoIOw7eogXUEG60%3D&reserved=0>

The Bonus stations for the 2020 running of the contest will be selected one from each US Time Zone, one DX station and of course, last year’s Top Dawg (Lee, N5SLY). There will be 6 Bonus stations to chase.

Volunteers for TDW Bonus Stations should be prepared to operate over as much of the 72 hour total time period as possible and to operate across as many bands as feasible under propagation conditions. This year’s winning Top Dawg is also expected to commit to operating in next year’s TDW as a Bonus Station.

It is a big commitment, but it would be worth it. Think about it; you, as the center of a pile-up!! And talk about a way to really conquer LONP, Grids and WTW. It is a fantastic opportunity!

If you are interested, please let us know what bands you will be able to work and what you expect your operating hours to be.

Please respond directly to me if you are interested in being a Bonus Station for TDW this year:  robinstan@...<mailto:robinstan@...>

Stan
W9SMR – 070 #1611
PODXS 070 PR Director

Stan
This is what your email looks like to me "Please respond directly to me if you are interested in being a Bonus Station for TDW this year:  robinstan@...<mailto:robinstan@...>
so I will use this forum to volunteer for DX stn or West Coast or combo if reqd.
cheers
Barry
va7gem

stan robinson

Barry,

Thanks for volunteering. I will toss your hat into the ring.

And, I guess I should show my personal email address as "robinstan (at) hotmail (dot) com" to avoid that confusing notation.

But, you're in the hopper, thanks.

Stan

Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 12:28 PM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] Bonus Station Volunteers Needed for TDW - MDT Time Zone missing

Stan
This is what your email looks like to me "Please respond directly to me if you are interested in being a Bonus Station for TDW this year:  robinstan@...<mailto:robinstan@...><mailto:robinstan@...<mailto:robinstan@...>>
so I will use this forum to volunteer for DX stn or West Coast or combo if reqd.
cheers
Barry
va7gem

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 10:19 AM, stan robinson wrote:
Barry,

Thanks for volunteering. I will toss your hat into the ring.

And, I guess I should show my personal email address as "robinstan (at) hotmail (dot) com" to avoid that confusing notation.

But, you're in the hopper, thanks.

Stan

Stan
TVM
I was going to guess robinstan (at) yahoo (dot) com
but took the safe route.
Cheers
Barry
va7gem