Topics

Attention - PSKfest Scoring – Email your Logs

stan robinson

As you are probably aware, you will not be able to upload your PSKfest Contest Logs in the normal manner. You can easily email them instead.

Our Scorer has gone offline and we will not be able to upload until we develop a new system. In the meantime, David, K9DWR, has volunteered to collect your emailed logs and parse them manually to determine our winners.

Here is your step-by-step:

1) Create your ADIF Log file in the normal way, including only PSKfest Contest QSOs.

Save your file using YOUR CALL and PSKFEST in the file name. eg.: W9SMR-PSKFEST

2) Attach this ADIF Log to an email and include in the body your:

-Name
-Call
-Power Level (high power, medium power, low power or QRP)
-Any Comments you wish to make.

3) Email this to:  contests@...

Specific/technical questions should be sent to David, K9DWR, at: david@...

Great to see such a wonderful turnout for this very popular annual Contest.

As Jim, K5SP said: PSK beats FT8 any day!

73,
Stan
W9SMR - 070  #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director

Steve R

Stan, Is there a way to only select the fields that is required to export?  It seems like an huge amount of data fields to sort through as a adif just to pull out the information you need to score?  I am using HRD.

Steve
VA3FLF

On Sunday, January 5, 2020, 08:27:35 a.m. EST, stan robinson <robinstan@...> wrote:

[...]

David, K9DWR

Steve,

I’m sure HRD has the ability to select the fields that are exported, but I don’t personally know how HRD works.

What I can tell you, however, is that the number of fields in the ADIF record is not a big deal. The parser I wrote will extract only the fields that matter; it won’t make the work any more or less difficult for me regardless if you can pre-select or not. Feel free to send whatever you have.

David, K9DWR

On Jan 5, 2020, at 15:08, Steve R via Groups.Io <oldjavadrinker=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Stan, Is there a way to only select the fields that is required to export? It seems like an huge amount of data fields to sort through as a adif just to pull out the information you need to score? I am using HRD.

Steve R

Thanks David. I will play with it a bit and if I dont figure it out I will go ahead and send. Didnt want to make the work load so heavy.

Steve
VA3FLF

On Sunday, January 5, 2020, 04:16:06 p.m. EST, David, K9DWR <david@...> wrote:

Steve,

I’m sure HRD has the ability to select the fields that are exported, but I don’t personally know how HRD works.

What I can tell you, however, is that the number of fields in the ADIF record is not a big deal.  The parser I wrote will extract only the fields that matter; it won’t make the work any more or less difficult for me regardless if you can pre-select or not.  Feel free to send whatever you have.

David, K9DWR

> On Jan 5, 2020, at 15:08, Steve R via Groups.Io <oldjavadrinker=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> Stan, Is there a way to only select the fields that is required to export?  It seems like an huge amount of data fields to sort through as a adif just to pull out the information you need to score?  I am using HRD.

Keith Lunsford

Good afternoon,

Here is my log.

Keith Lunsford