Topics

Apologies

Jim K5SP

My apologies to the membership for what may appear to some as not performing the duties expected of me.

I have been laid up with illness for weeks now, and finally seem to have beaten it, and have regained my strength to around 90 percent. I will attempt over the next few days to get caught up on the website, checking on the progress of the new endorsement checker, trying to update the membership rolls as necessary. I have not even turned the rig on in over six weeks, looking forward to Triple Play.

This illness was debilitating, and recovery was slow.  The XYL says that in the 25 years we have been together, she has never seen me as laid up and sick as I was.  In the midst of this, a precancerous condition on my hand was discovered.  The biopsy showed cancer, and fortunately we caught it very early, and they did two freezings of the cells, and it is gone.

Someone asked a question about the Triple Play, I am not sure if anyone responded, if you still have questions, I will be happy to answer them for you.

Executive Director/Membership Director

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Jim:

Glad to hear you're on the mend. As we get older illnesses seem to become more severe.

Still on the mend here, but not out of woods yet. Will comply with you list request ASAP.

73,

Jerry n9avy

On Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 10:41:11 AM CDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

[...]

BT Email

Health comes first lad we have to remember this is a hobby you will get caught up with it. Take a couple of Irish toadies and you will be fighting fit in a couple of days no need for apologies as I said it is a hobby
Martin 2i0wai

On 27 Oct 2020, at 15:30, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

[...]

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

Glad to see you're on the mend.  Take care of yourself.

73,
Dave
KB3RAN
APE Coordinator

[...]

Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381

W7RTL

Sorry to hear about your illness, but so glad your doing better.
You are in my prayers for 100% recovery.
73
W7RTL
Rich Latimer

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020, 08:30 Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

[...]

Sounds imy old boss... a Wld Welshman ! Called in sick with flu years ago, could barely talk with high temp and all. So he says have 2 beers and call me in an hour.

Jerry n9avy

On Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 11:27:49 AM CDT, BT Email via groups.io <mmcerlean@...> wrote:

[...]

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Jim,

I'm relieved to hear your feeling better.

Bob KK6KMU

Eric KG6MZS

Jim,

While I appreciate the sentiment, please do not apologize for taking care of yourself and your family.  While I know the club is important to you, your health comes first.

You have my best wishes.  ...and I look forward to our next QSO,

Sincerely
Eric, KG6MZS (another cancer survivor)