APE Contest #APE

Anyone ard for the APE contest? Been checking but nothing so far on 20
--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's

JoAnn Donaldson

I have him activating on the 4th of August, 2021.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Sunday, August 1, 2021, 10:27:06 AM CDT, Dave Tucker Nu4N <dwtucker19@...> wrote:

Anyone ard for the APE contest? Been checking but nothing so far on 20
--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's

What about KK6KMU, W9SMR and N7WE? I am looking for the stations.
--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's

Jerry N9AVY

Dave:

Didn't they post schedules for operations ?

Jerry  N9AVY   #454

On Sunday, August 1, 2021, 01:45:44 PM CDT, Dave Tucker Nu4N <dwtucker19@...> wrote:

What about KK6KMU, W9SMR and N7WE? I am looking for the stations.
--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

All,

Just as a reminder of my APE

Date: August 4

Time: 1900-2400 UTC

QTH: San Clemente State Beach, CA

POTA Number: K-3554

Band: 20 Meter

My Callsign: KK6KMU

My setup will be.

Rig: IC-7200

Antenna: 20 Meter Hamstick

Battery: 30 Amp Hr Bioenno

Solar Panel: 100 Watt Bioenno

Dell Laptop using FLDIGI

This will also be a Parks on the Air activation.  Thanks for your help

Bob
KK6KMU

Hi Dave...
It's not a contest. It's a month long operating activity.
Members go out and operate portable at their convenience and mostly it's just as their time allows.
There's no scoring or turning your logs in for a "score", although maybe some thought could be given
to it by club management.
See this:
Details?...Just ask, and pay special attention to the replies from seasoned, experienced APE activators.
There's a lot of work involved and time consumed. Sometimes it's not possible to sit down and say on what exact days or exact dates it will happen as most of my APE planning is just a few days ahead of my actual activation .
I'm putting together a PowerPoint presentation on my APE station this year.
Again, time is a precious asset.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650