Topics

Anyone use Discord?

Chris Madairy

Good morning,

Is there a Discord

I'm curious if anyone uses Discord?  I belong to a couple of ham groups that use this to keep in touch.  It's actually nice to be able to jump into a ham group to ask questions or connect when not on the radio.

--
Chris, AK3B

Jim K5SP

Not here, but this groups.io platform provides you with a spot to jump in and ask questions to the membership.  We do have chat capability, but it is rarely used due to chat being a real-time application.  If no one is in the chat room, there is no one to talk to.

Jim K5SP

On 9/6/2020 9:00 AM, Chris Madairy wrote:

Good morning,

Is there a Discord

I'm curious if anyone uses Discord?  I belong to a couple of ham groups that use this to keep in touch.  It's actually nice to be able to jump into a ham group to ask questions or connect when not on the radio.

--
Chris, AK3B

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

B. Smith, N3XL

I had Discord running for a few days. Seemed to be a PC resource hog and bothered PC performance.

73, Bill n3xl

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I'm curious if anyone uses Discord?  I belong to a couple of ham groups that use this to keep in touch.  It's actually nice to be able to jump into a ham group to ask questions or connect when not on the radio.

--
Chris, AK3B

--
Bill Smith, N3XL

Mark Scrano

I have a discord for hams, not a ton of users yet but anyone here is welcome to join and chat.
https://discord.com/invite/t6yrgEq

On Sunday, September 6, 2020, 10:30:28 AM EDT, B. Smith, N3XL via groups.io <bill.n3xl@...> wrote:

I had Discord running for a few days. Seemed to be a PC resource hog and bothered PC performance.

73, Bill n3xl

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I'm curious if anyone uses Discord?  I belong to a couple of ham groups that use this to keep in touch.  It's actually nice to be able to jump into a ham group to ask questions or connect when not on the radio.

--
Chris, AK3B

--
Bill Smith, N3XL

W7RIV

Yup, I love Discord. Use it for dozens of servers.

W7RIV