Antenna Possibility - Dry Tortugas

Dick,
I've got to help a fellow bird watcher!
I'm a follower, via his YouTube channel, of Peter, OM0ET. He design's, builds and shares some very interesting projects.
Check this out:

I'm currently building one of this design, except with a taller coil, and many more windings.
The checkered flag?...Is it practical and would it work from Tortugas?
Don't give too much attention to the "accessories" needed...small collapsible tripod, radials, co-ax, telescoping whip, etc...
Advantages: Multi-band!...small...everything into a day bag...
There's a lot of time between now and then for beta testing, weeding out weak components, etc.
If the coil taps are correctly placed, no external tuner may be needed. All that is part of the beta testing with an antenna analyzer, and real rf.
I've built a brazillian different antenna's and I keep dwelling on, "Pay attention to the losses!"  This is no different, and I see a lot of "opportunities" to improve this design. RG8X instead of RG58U? UHF instead of BNC? and on and on. (Think about how easy it is to lose a db, and how hard it is to gain a db.)
The devil may be in the details, but I see nothing that can't be anticipated and engineered in advance.
And, after all, we're the 070 Club! The devil trembles at the sight of Rollo on patrol!
Whatcha think?
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

Since our primary purpose was bird watching and visiting the fort, I don't think my radio time will be more than a couple hours at the most.  Still looking at alternatives to the 817, but weight is a consideration, since we would be going by the ferry and not staying.  The ferry price is discounted if you are old and we already have our parks pass so that reduces the cost some what. The ferry will provide drinking water and lunch. Trying to decide what kind of antenna would be the best in the limitations of going to a historic site.  I have a 17ft pole that colipases to about 3 1/2 feet.  Not sure if a 20mtr dipole or a vertical would be the best.  With the dipole it would probably end up as a Vee.  I am trying to eliminate the need for an antenna turner.  The vertical would only need the pole and some radials.  Any thoughts on what would work the best.

Karl, I checked the POTA site and found that Justin had activated previously and sent him and enquiry and what he used.

73
Dick - KC3EF