Antarctica ???

Jerry N9AVY

here are a couple station supposedly operating "digital modes" from Antarctica which is one that many of us undoubtedly need for endorsement.

DP1POL     until March 5 2021

RI01ANT    until May 20 2021

ZS7ANF    February 2021

8J1RL      Might have went QRT on 1 /31

If you hear them or see them on waterfall (PSK31)  please report to 070 group.

Thanks.

Jerry  n9avy

Peter Hiltz

Jerry,

Any info on what bands they prefer?

Pete, WV3S

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 12:54 PM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
here are a couple station supposedly operating "digital modes" from Antarctica which is one that many of us undoubtedly need for endorsement.

DP1POL     until March 5 2021

RI01ANT    until May 20 2021

ZS7ANF    February 2021

8J1RL      Might have went QRT on 1 /31

If you hear them or see them on waterfall (PSK31)  please report to 070 group.

Thanks.

WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater
WV3S@...   put //WL2K R/ in the subject line

Jerry N9AVY

Your guess is as good as mine   Emoji

Jerry

On Saturday, February 6, 2021, 12:15:13 PM CST, Peter Hiltz <pmhiltz@...> wrote:

Jerry,

Any info on what bands they prefer?

Pete, WV3S

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 12:54 PM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
here are a couple station supposedly operating "digital modes" from Antarctica which is one that many of us undoubtedly need for endorsement.

DP1POL     until March 5 2021

RI01ANT    until May 20 2021

ZS7ANF    February 2021

8J1RL      Might have went QRT on 1 /31

If you hear them or see them on waterfall (PSK31)  please report to 070 group.

Thanks.

WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater
WV3S@...   put //WL2K R/ in the subject line

Do we have an awards manager/director?
Why doesn't someone email them and ask their band of preference?
Ask if they work BPSK31, or "supposedly work BPSK31"?
And maybe ask for schedules?
R1ANT is in my log 3 times. All on 20m & 40m cw.
8J1RL is a semi-active contester.

here are a couple station supposedly operating "digital modes" from Antarctica which is one that many of us undoubtedly need for endorsement.

DP1POL     until March 5 2021

RI01ANT    until May 20 2021

ZS7ANF    February 2021

8J1RL      Might have went QRT on 1 /31

If you hear them or see them on waterfall (PSK31)  please report to 070 group.

Thanks.

WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater
WV3S@...   put //WL2K R/ in the subject line

Jerry N9AVY

Anyone can contact them for a sked I guess.  20/40m CW not much good for PODXS 070 Endorsement though. Just thouht I'd mention that there are at least 3 stations out there from Antarctica in case anyone accidently runs across them.

Jerry  n9avy

On Saturday, February 6, 2021, 01:36:07 PM CST, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

Do we have an awards manager/director?
Why doesn't someone email them and ask their band of preference?
Ask if they work BPSK31, or "supposedly work BPSK31"?
And maybe ask for schedules?
R1ANT is in my log 3 times. All on 20m & 40m cw.
8J1RL is a semi-active contester.

here are a couple station supposedly operating "digital modes" from Antarctica which is one that many of us undoubtedly need for endorsement.

DP1POL     until March 5 2021

RI01ANT    until May 20 2021

ZS7ANF    February 2021

8J1RL      Might have went QRT on 1 /31

If you hear them or see them on waterfall (PSK31)  please report to 070 group.

Thanks.

WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater
WV3S@...   put //WL2K R/ in the subject line

stephen shearer

From *** 4 2 5  D X  N E W S ***

UA_ant - Alexei, RX6A will be active as  RI01ANT from  Progress Station  and
         Vostok Station, Antarctica approximately between 25 December and 30
         May 2021.  He will operate mainly  CW  and  FT8  on 40 metres  "and
         higher". QSL via RX6A.

DL_ant - Felix, DL5XL will be a member of the Antarctic summer season's team
         at Neumayer III station. The RV Polarstern will be leaving  Bremer-
         haven, Germany on  20 December,  and during  the long voyage  Felix
         will  operate  mainly CW and  digital modes  as DP0POL/mm  (QSL via
         DL5EBE). From mid-January to mid-March 2021,  he expects to be  QRV
         as DP1POL (QSL via DL1ZBO) from Neumayer III.  The club call DP0GVN
         (QSL via DL5EBE) may also be used by other operators: in particular
         Theresa, DC1TH, who will be part of the 2021-22  overwintering crew
         and will operate DP0GVN via the QO100 satellite. [TNX DX World]

73, steve WB3LGC

On 2/6/21 1:14 PM, Peter Hiltz wrote:
Jerry,

Any info on what bands they prefer?

Pete, WV3S

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 12:54 PM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
here are a couple station supposedly operating "digital modes" from Antarctica which is one that many of us undoubtedly need for endorsement.

DP1POL     until March 5 2021

RI01ANT    until May 20 2021

ZS7ANF    February 2021

8J1RL      Might have went QRT on 1 /31

If you hear them or see them on waterfall (PSK31)  please report to 070 group.

Thanks.

WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater
WV3S@...   put //WL2K R/ in the subject line

Jerry N9AVY

 Steve;

Good info !

Jerry

On Saturday, February 6, 2021, 02:42:10 PM CST, stephen shearer <sm.shearer.01@...> wrote:

From *** 4 2 5  D X  N E W S ***

[...]

Also from the 425 DX News...

ANTARCTIC ACTIVITY WEEK ---> The Worldwide Antarctic Program  has  announced
that the 18th Antarctic Activity Week will be held on  20-28  February.  The
aim of this annual event is to promote worldwide interest in  the  Antarctic
continent. Special callsigns (QSL via operator's instructions) are  expected
to be aired during this year's AAW from  Austria (OE18AAW, OE88WAP, OE89ANT,
OE90AAW),  Bulgaria  (LZ18ANT),  France  (TM18AAW),  Italy  (IB2ANT, II2ANT,
II3BOVE,  II5ANT,  II8WAP,  IR1ANT),  Netherlands (PA6ANT,  PF88ANT),  Spain
(EH3ANT), Ukraine (EM25VER), USA (K0ANT, K4A, K4C).  Complete information on
the AAW can be found on http://www.waponline.it/.

73, steve WB3LGC

On 2/6/21 3:42 PM, stephen shearer wrote:

From *** 4 2 5  D X  N E W S ***

Jerry N9AVY

But none of those stations are actually IN Antarctica - bummer ! We need Antarctic stations on PSK31 !!!

Jerry  n9avy

On Friday, February 12, 2021, 10:12:05 AM CST, stephen shearer <sm.shearer.01@...> wrote:

Also from the 425 DX News...

ANTARCTIC ACTIVITY WEEK ---> The Worldwide Antarctic Program  has  announced
that the 18th Antarctic Activity Week will be held on  20-28  February.  The
aim of this annual event is to promote worldwide interest in  the  Antarctic
continent. Special callsigns (QSL via operator's instructions) are  expected
to be aired during this year's AAW from  Austria (OE18AAW, OE88WAP, OE89ANT,
OE90AAW),  Bulgaria  (LZ18ANT),  France  (TM18AAW),  Italy  (IB2ANT, II2ANT,
II3BOVE,  II5ANT,  II8WAP,  IR1ANT),  Netherlands (PA6ANT,  PF88ANT),  Spain
(EH3ANT), Ukraine (EM25VER), USA (K0ANT, K4A, K4C).  Complete information on
the AAW can be found on http://www.waponline.it/.

73, steve WB3LGC

On 2/6/21 3:42 PM, stephen shearer wrote:

From *** 4 2 5  D X  N E W S ***

stephen shearer

Sorry about that....  BUT since it is  ANTARCTIC ACTIVITY WEEK many of the stations ARE in Antarctica  Like OExxANT  should be??

See: http://www.waponline.it/antarctic-activity-week/aaw-2021/

Steve.  The real question is how many will be on PSK31 ??

On 2/12/21 11:29 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
[...]

From *** 4 2 5  D X  N E W S ***

Jerry N9AVY

Steve:

Are you sure about that ???   Not much Antarctic station activity from what I've seen on bulletins & spots.   We need just one on PSK31 !

jerry   n9avy

On Friday, February 12, 2021, 11:57:45 AM CST, stephen shearer <sm.shearer.01@...> wrote:

[...]

From *** 4 2 5  D X  N E W S ***

Scotty W7PSK

I would need KC4AAA to come on PSK31 for it to count for Hole 13.

On 2/12/2021 10:08, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
[...]

From *** 4 2 5  D X  N E W S ***

--
Scotty W7PSK
Everett, Washington

Jerry N9AVY

What about other Antarctic bases , are they in hole 13 too ???

Jerry  n9avy

On Saturday, February 13, 2021, 01:48:41 PM CST, Scotty W7PSK <w7psk@...> wrote:

[...]

From *** 4 2 5  D X  N E W S ***

--
Scotty W7PSK
Everett, Washington

Scotty W7PSK

As far as I remember only KC4AA counts for al lthe bottom.  Ive worked other Antarctic but

none of the bases are on the Hole 13 slots.

On 2/13/2021 12:13, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
[...]

From *** 4 2 5  D X  N E W S ***

--
Scotty W7PSK