AH6P calling CW #information

I am hearing Hawaii AH6P calling CQ. Faint but I cant get he. Maybe somebody can I hope.
--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's

My mistake he is in Nevada. I am sorry guys. I got all worked up for nothing.

--
Dave NU4N #1657 73's

Dave,
I had a Q with him a few months ago and he was in Charleston S.C.  There's a few Hawaii and Alaska stations that show up occasionally and they are state side stations now but kept their old calls and don't use the /4 or whatever call area they're in.

John
KC3FL

Right bow NH7WB is on the water fall.  That is a Hawaii call but he's in Austin Tx.

John
KC3FL

Jerry N9AVY

John:

Part of my job as Director of Awards & Endorsements is checking Hawaii & Alaska application and not taking them for granted.    You'd be surprised how many Hawaiian & Alaskan call signs are stateside these days. Logging software can't distinguish between them because they don't reference back to QRZ or FCC databases.

Even the good old checker didn't always know. It's always been that way as far as I know. Hence, the necessity to approve them manually.

FYI

Jerry  n9avy

On Friday, August 13, 2021, 01:51:22 PM CDT, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

Right bow NH7WB is on the water fall.  That is a Hawaii call but he's in Austin Tx.

John
KC3FL

stan W9SMR

Jerry,

Thanks for doing that thankless job.

We do appreciate your efforts to keep honest!

73,
Stan
W9SMR/9