Topics

ACLog

Stephen Melachrinos

Does anyone use ACLog? I'm trying to help someone figure out how to extract their Christmas Run log.

Specifically, we need instructions on how to export a file that:

- only has QSOs from 12/25/2020
- only has PSK31 QSOs
- only has the Date, Time, Callsign, Mode, Freq or Band fields
- is either .txt, .prn, .csx, .xls, etc

If you can help, please post the instructions here. Thanks.

Leland Sly

I use AC Log when I operate portable.  I then import my contacts to my "Master" log in HRD.  The way I got my report for the Christmas event was to export an ADIF file of the contacts I made.  Then I used the ADIF Master program to delete the fields I did not want.  Then saved that file as a CSV file.  That is a text file that should be exactly what the doctor ordered.

I don't know how to do it in one step.

73

Lee N5SLY

On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 4:22 PM Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io <melachri=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Does anyone use ACLog? I'm trying to help someone figure out how to extract their Christmas Run log.

Specifically, we need instructions on how to export a file that:

- only has QSOs from 12/25/2020
- only has PSK31 QSOs
- only has the Date, Time, Callsign, Mode, Freq or Band fields
- is either .txt, .prn, .csx, .xls, etc

If you can help, please post the instructions here. Thanks.

Steve McEdwards

Hi Steve,
If you search putting psk31 in mode box and then highlight the qso's from December 25.you should then be able to export Adif file under the export section.I have done it this way for some of our contest.
Hope it helps HNY
73  de Steve
VA3TPS

On Sun., 27 Dec. 2020 at 5:22 p.m., Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io
<melachri@...> wrote:
Does anyone use ACLog? I'm trying to help someone figure out how to extract their Christmas Run log.

Specifically, we need instructions on how to export a file that:

- only has QSOs from 12/25/2020
- only has PSK31 QSOs
- only has the Date, Time, Callsign, Mode, Freq or Band fields
- is either .txt, .prn, .csx, .xls, etc

If you can help, please post the instructions here. Thanks.

Josef 'Jeff' Sipek

On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 22:22:44 +0000, Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io wrote:
Does anyone use ACLog? I'm trying to help someone figure out how to
extract their Christmas Run log.
Specifically, we need instructions on how to export a file that:
- only has QSOs from 12/25/2020- only has PSK31 QSOs- only has the Date,
Time, Callsign, Mode, Freq or Band fields- is either .txt, .prn, .csx,
.xls, etc
If you can help, please post the instructions here. Thanks.
Even if the software doesn't allow all the fancy filtering for csv or txt
export, it isn't too difficult to use the command line (namely 'grep' or
'awk') or something like Excel to throw away the rows and columns that don't
fit the requirements for the Christmas Run log.

This might be easier than fighting with some of the logging programs.

Jeff.

Dan Morris - KZ3T

There is a little know program called ‘Award Tracker’ by W5DJT, David. It handles a number of logs including ACLog and will do different lookups.  With said, with a trace of SQLite queries you are able to pull out anything you want from ACLog. So, If you only need certain data fields then Award Tracker would be a great little program to try out.  And of course it is free and if any problems on queries, David generally will help out and do the query for you.  I have used it many times in the past for a bunch of different 10-10 queries as well as several P070 queries.  So, it will pull anything you want based on the query you create.

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065

I live to live for Him!

On Dec 27, 2020, at 7:31 PM, Josef 'Jeff' Sipek <jeffpc@...> wrote:

On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 22:22:44 +0000, Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io wrote:
Does anyone use ACLog? I'm trying to help someone figure out how to
extract their Christmas Run log.
Specifically, we need instructions on how to export a file that:
- only has QSOs from 12/25/2020- only has PSK31 QSOs- only has the Date,
Time, Callsign, Mode, Freq or Band fields- is either .txt, .prn, .csx,
.xls, etc
If you can help, please post the instructions here. Thanks.

Even if the software doesn't allow all the fancy filtering for csv or txt
export, it isn't too difficult to use the command line (namely 'grep' or
'awk') or something like Excel to throw away the rows and columns that don't
fit the requirements for the Christmas Run log.

This might be easier than fighting with some of the logging programs.

Jeff.

Ken Campbell <n6pcd1@...>

Edited

Dan,

Thanks for the tip on Award Tracker. I’m going to download a copy. Sounds like just what the doctor ordered!
--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD/0