AC Log Help

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

I'm trying out AC Log and have a few questions.  I'm using it with FLDIGI, and when I click on a call sign in the receive window it puts it into the FLDIGI call sign field like it is supposed to do.

1.  Why does it take so long to populate the AC Log fields.  About 3 seconds or more?
2.  Why does the call sign field in FLDIGI then go blank.  Is this a setting or is this normal?
3.  Is the only way to export PSK31 contacts only by sorting on mode and then export from record say 2000 thru 3000 which are the PSK31 QSO's?  How does everyone else export their PSK31 QSOs only.

I have been using DX Keeper and it has custom sorting features.  Any such feature in AC Log.  I will have more questions.
--
Bob  KK6KMU  #2484

Bob,

I'm not sure what is causing those problems but I talked to Dave W1HKJ a few years ago and he explained that the way ACLOG accesses the Fldigi log with the TCP API server it kinda locks up the Fldigi log during the qso.  You will notice if you use ACLOG and try to view the Fldigi log you won't see the station that is in your call box.  The previous contact alert in Fldigi will also not work.

ACLOG is a fine program but if you want a logger that works well with Fldigi, take a look at LOG4OM, that has some real nice sorting features.

John
KC3FL

Jerry N9AVY

Bob:

I don't use FLDIGI and have no idea how it works, but I do use ACLog as a stand alone log.   That is I enter everything from other logs in chronological order no matter what mode.  All I know is it works for me.  This probably doesn't help your situation.'  Sorry.

Jerry  n9avy

On Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 07:45:03 PM CDT, Bob Motyl KK6KMU <bobmotyl@...> wrote:

I'm trying out AC Log and have a few questions.  I'm using it with FLDIGI, and when I click on a call sign in the receive window it puts it into the FLDIGI call sign field like it is supposed to do.

1.  Why does it take so long to populate the AC Log fields.  About 3 seconds or more?
2.  Why does the call sign field in FLDIGI then go blank.  Is this a setting or is this normal?
3.  Is the only way to export PSK31 contacts only by sorting on mode and then export from record say 2000 thru 3000 which are the PSK31 QSO's?  How does everyone else export their PSK31 QSOs only.

I have been using DX Keeper and it has custom sorting features.  Any such feature in AC Log.  I will have more questions.
--
Bob  KK6KMU  #2484

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

John and Jerry,

I figured out questions 1 and 2.  I had all logged QSOs selected in AC Log when I got the weird results.  I set AC Log to the last 50 logged QSO's and the problem went away.  So I guess I leave it on Last 50 logged QSO's.
Do either of you use the spotting in AC Log?  Just wondering what you think.

Bob 
KK6KMU

Bob,
AC Log acts extremely slow and sluggish with "All" checked. You'll see it much faster now with "Last 50" checked.
I use the DX Spotting feature, and it works great. It does what it's supposed to do. Setting some of the 'Filters' helps a lot.
Milt.
N6MG

-----Original Message-----
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Sep 1, 2021 7:31 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] AC Log Help

John and Jerry,

I figured out questions 1 and 2.  I had all logged QSOs selected in AC Log when I got the weird results.  I set AC Log to the last 50 logged QSO's and the problem went away.  So I guess I leave it on Last 50 logged QSO's.

Bob 
KK6KMU

JoAnn Donaldson

I too use the Last 50 in ACLog for connection to all my Apps, including FLDIGI.
what I do for you question 3 is
1. I select all the PSK31 QSO's
2. Make and adif file of these contacts.
3. In ACLog then Import these calls.
I found it was faster and easier way to move contacts between Logger Apps and ACLog.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 10:24:45 PM CDT, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

Bob,
AC Log acts extremely slow and sluggish with "All" checked. You'll see it much faster now with "Last 50" checked.
I use the DX Spotting feature, and it works great. It does what it's supposed to do. Setting some of the 'Filters' helps a lot.
Milt.
N6MG

-----Original Message-----
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Sep 1, 2021 7:31 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] AC Log Help

John and Jerry,

Bob 
KK6KMU

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

All,

Thanks for all your help and encouragement.  I think I will stick with AC Log and see how it goes.  I like the watch list feature.  I imported my old log and did a sort on log date which got the data looking like I want.
LOTW and eQSL feature is also nice.  Still getting use to the interface.

Bob
KK6KMU