WFD

Jerry N9AVY

One thing I noticed while working WFD....  many stations were send their exchange phonetically.  It's a waste of time on PSK and certainly inefficient.  Kind of a "newbie" thing, I guess. Slows down the number of contacts per hour (rate).

The other thing I noticed is at 1900 UTC when contest stopped it got really quiet.. literally could hear a pin drop on 20m , hi !

Jerry  n9avy

Joseph Molon <ljl2002@...>

Jerry,
I forgot to look up the end time but I figured that I would be able to tell.  At 19:00 the 40m band totally died.  TOTALLY. That was definitely a hint to go get something to eat. lol

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 02:31 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

One thing I noticed while working WFD....  many stations were send their exchange phonetically.  It's a waste of time on PSK and certainly inefficient.  Kind of a "newbie" thing, I guess. Slows down the number of contacts per hour (rate).

The other thing I noticed is at 1900 UTC when contest stopped it got really quiet.. literally could hear a pin drop on 20m , hi !

Jerry  n9avy

Jerry N9AVY

Joe:

It dropped like a Maxwell Smart "Cone of Silence"  !

To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2018 2:22 PM
Subject: Re: [070Club] WFD

Jerry,
I forgot to look up the end time but I figured that I would be able to tell.  At 19:00 the 40m band totally died.  TOTALLY. That was definitely a hint to go get something to eat. lol

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 02:31 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

Jerry  n9avy

Jim K5SP

Jerry, the WFD web site had an example exchange showing phonetic exchanges. They must not have seen that the example was for SSB operation.

JIM K5SP 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S®6 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 1/28/18 1:31 PM (GMT-06:00)
Subject: [070Club] WFD

Jerry  n9avy

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Joseph Molon <ljl2002@...>

Jim,
Romeo
Echo
Alpha
Delta

Romeo
Uniform
Lima
Echo
Sierra

Charlie Uniform Lima

Joe  
KA1PPV  #1482

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 04:35 PM, Jim K5SP wrote:

Jerry, the WFD web site had an example exchange showing phonetic exchanges. They must not have seen that the example was for SSB operation.

JIM K5SP 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S®6 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 1/28/18 1:31 PM (GMT-06:00)
Subject: [070Club] WFD

Jerry  n9avy

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director