WFD

Jerry N9AVY

One thing I noticed while working WFD....  many stations were send their exchange phonetically.  It's a waste of time on PSK and certainly inefficient.  Kind of a "newbie" thing, I guess. Slows down the number of contacts per hour (rate).

The other thing I noticed is at 1900 UTC when contest stopped it got really quiet.. literally could hear a pin drop on 20m , hi !

Jerry  n9avy

Joseph Molon <ljl2002@...>

Jerry,
I forgot to look up the end time but I figured that I would be able to tell.  At 19:00 the 40m band totally died.  TOTALLY. That was definitely a hint to go get something to eat. lol

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 02:31 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

One thing I noticed while working WFD....  many stations were send their exchange phonetically.  It's a waste of time on PSK and certainly inefficient.  Kind of a "newbie" thing, I guess. Slows down the number of contacts per hour (rate).

The other thing I noticed is at 1900 UTC when contest stopped it got really quiet.. literally could hear a pin drop on 20m , hi !

Joe:

It dropped like a Maxwell Smart "Cone of Silence"  !

I forgot to look up the end time but I figured that I would be able to tell.  At 19:00 the 40m band totally died.  TOTALLY. That was definitely a hint to go get something to eat. lol

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 02:31 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

One thing I noticed while working WFD....  many stations were send their exchange phonetically.  It's a waste of time on PSK and certainly inefficient.  Kind of a "newbie" thing, I guess. Slows down the number of contacts per hour (rate).

The other thing I noticed is at 1900 UTC when contest stopped it got really quiet.. literally could hear a pin drop on 20m , hi !

Jerry, the WFD web site had an example exchange showing phonetic exchanges. They must not have seen that the example was for SSB operation.

JIM K5SP

One thing I noticed while working WFD....  many stations were send their exchange phonetically.  It's a waste of time on PSK and certainly inefficient.  Kind of a "newbie" thing, I guess. Slows down the number of contacts per hour (rate).

The other thing I noticed is at 1900 UTC when contest stopped it got really quiet.. literally could hear a pin drop on 20m , hi !

Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Joseph Molon <ljl2002@...>

Jim,