From: David, K9DWR <david@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Jul 14, 2022 12:41 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] Finally had Enough of HRD. Need suggestions?

* Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF via groups.io <oldjavadrinker=yahoo.com@groups.io> [2022-07-13 16:51]:

> So, I need a different program that will run PSK and other digital modes. I
> have a N3FJP account so I can run that as a logger. for my portable rig and
> computer. I know everyone has there favorite but.....what is out there?
> FLdigi? Does N1MM work?

I can give an additional vote for fldigi, but keep in mind it's going to depend
what your requirements are.  It works well for me, but I probably don't use it
the way you do.  It does have the ability to be extended with external
scripting, so if there's a feature it doesn't have natively, you might be able
to write something yourself to plug that hole; but I would start with listing
what HRD does that you use today, and see if you can check off that punch list
while comparing different tools.

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@...

Milt,
There is a Notification feature that has a pop-up.  I only know how to enter the calls one at a time and to enter the complete roster would take forever.  There are some sharp folks on the Fldigi group and they might know where the Notification file is stored and how to load a large list there.  Sometimes if no one can answer the question, Dave W1HKJ the author jumps in with an answer.

John
KC3FL

Dan Morris - KZ3T

From what I remember it does not pop up any 070 number for that callsign, however, PSKExpress by N7YG does do that. You do have to download the database every so often (naturally) but when you click on the call and the fields populate it will pop up an 070 number. PSKExpress also connects to ACLog, so when you enter a call the data also populates in ACLog.

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065

I live to live for Him!

On Jul 14, 2022, at 6:22 PM, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

Question about Fldigi.
Knowledgeable user's...Is there a pop-up icon feature with Fldigi that recognizes an 070 member when
it prints the members callsign?
I've been using MixW for a L O N G time and that's a big plus for me.
Being fair, on the downside, MixW doesn't interface with ACLog. (To my knowledge.)
Experienced replies about the icon please?
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

#1604 LONP #255
david@...

Kenneth Campbell N6PCD

Dan,

Thanks for the SW suggestion. I’m going to give PSKExpress a try!